Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help me please... Wierd hair roots...

Che
@che
14 years ago
8 posts
Ive had my dreads for a while now and the tightening and forming and washing and everything went well,, but, as my hair naturally falls out like all hair does eventually, the little white roots of my hair stay on the end of my hair: Result- There are little white dots all over the top of my hair, like at my scalp. This is very embarrassing, as it looks as if Ive got lice or sand stuck in my hair... Sometimes I sit and with a small scissor sit and cut off every little hair root,, but this takes a very long time...If anybody has any advise to give me Id be much appreciated...
updated by @che: 02/14/15 09:47:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm how were yopur dreads started and maintained ive only seen this be an issue with agressibve backcomb that pulled alot out at the scalpi would not go trimming them umm are you doing anything to the roots root rubbing interlocking crocheting anything i woulfnt think its really visible unless u somehow tightened the roots way more then u should which could not only make ot visible but be the cause as well?what u did usualy te;ls u what to do cause in most cases the ansswer is stop doing what ya been doingbut cant be sure till i know more (but would definately sat stop cutting em off right away)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Che
@che
14 years ago
8 posts
I started my dreads by twist and rip, but without the twisting, and backcombing the tips a bit,, but that was two years (almost 3years) ago, but they keep coming back,, I dont do any root rubbing or any crocheting... They mostly just go on by themselves...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm its interesting then cause ive never noticed that on myself ive seen it to excess on agressibvly backcombedcan u take a macro closeup pic?are u sure oits even noticible without a magnifying glass?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Che
@che
14 years ago
8 posts
I'll try and take a pic close up,, maybe it just the way my hair is,, but it is very visible... Thanx SE for you help.. I'll keep on looking for an answer or finding a reason why my roots do this, and let you know,, incase anybody ever gets the same prob..
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I have these too, and have pretty much never done anything aggressive to my hair. I figure it's just one end of a hair that would have usually fallen out anyhow that's just been jumbled up in there... who knows.Edit: After looking in the mirror, it seems that they can really only be noticed when one is looking really close (at least in my case)... but they're still there. I tried to get a close up pic, but my camera refused to cooperate at such a close distance.
Che
@che
14 years ago
8 posts
Ya,, I know, they are just there... Maybe its cause peoples scalps are diff and ours are just that way,, hehe
noniecat79
@noniecat79
14 years ago
1 posts
Hey Che. Hey I get that too, a whole lot just after getting them done (via back combing) and just recently. I think it happens to me when I have my hair up for an extended period, like in summer and perhaps have put them up too tight and it pulls the hair at the roots. Also, I have had some itchies lately too and suspect that all the scratching I have been doing certainly contributed to the specks.If it gets really bad, get creative with some wrapping with different coloured thread, but I think addressing these issues might help in the medium term. Good luck!
Che
@che
14 years ago
8 posts
Hey thanx noniecat79, I live in Sunny South Africa so I do have my dreads up a lot, maybe I should wear them down for a bit,, that makes a lot of sense...
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
i have the same problem. but i also wear my dreads up alot, more then i do down because it is so hot in the summer. i also back combed my dreads so that could contribute to the problem. i am gonna try to wear them down more often. thanks for making this post!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form