Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How can I encourage congos?

Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

i have tnr's too and i have a few congos. and the way the first couple happened was because in the beginning i made the mistake of doing maintenance. im talking crocheting, dread balling, rubber bands, the whole deal. and they looked absolutely terrible for it. and because all that was making them so thin where they should have been thick, i attempted to combine a bunch of them in an effort to make them thicker. the way i combined them was i basically sewed one dread through the center of the other and crocheted. after i finally stopped all of that, most of them came apart and i was able to restore them, a couple however stayed partially combined and thus i have congos. but i do not recommend this. since then i have a few more and they just did it by being next to eachother. and i absolutely love my congos. i was so against em at first but they just look so cool haha, the natural look has truly grown on me, no pun intended

updated by @ethon-obrien: 07/23/15 04:46:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sewed them together? yikes

i have congos everywhere even my beard and they all happened by just not seperating

i wa trying not to congo for 18 years then just stopped and let em congo as they wanted (almost i few i did still eperate to prevent em from being too crazy)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

haha yeah im not proud of it. but hey it got undone so thats the important thing haha. im so happy with how they are now and the congos ive got. i was so hesitant with this site at first, i felt like i needed to do some kinda maintenance and just couldnt stop, it really was like an addiction. absolutely love how they are now though. ive been totally turned around, i love how bumpy and zig zaggy and loopy they are and everything. and i noticed the beard ones in one of your pictures, thought that was cool. i always wondered if it was possible to dread a beard haha. the hairs so stiff so i didnt know if itd work. i personally like my beard a little shaggy but not long enough to dread though.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form