Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loops lumps kinks and zig zags in dreadlocks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

those look like they might have been crochetted tho?

i could be wrong but looks like it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts

ah i loved looking at this discussion! made me put down the phone for a bit hah

bloop-bloop
@bloop-bloop
14 years ago
3 posts

not 100% sure what crochetted is?

is that like cornrows? (that's something that's rarely seen in Australia)

....and there's the 'functional' long one at the back to tie up everything

soaringeagle said:

those look like they might have been crochetted tho?

i could be wrong but looks like it

updated by @bloop-bloop: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

nah i tink i was wrong crochets a really dumb thing where they take a crochet hook a lil tool and poke hundreds of holes ujthriugh the dread the hook then catches some loose hairs and pulls themj in but breaks more hairs creating more loose hair so they need constant repair forever

and its become popular all over in austrailia its what the weirdsistas use its a real bad idea tho

--
jimmy chase
@jimmy-chase
14 years ago
4 posts

Hi sorry for posting but I wanted you guys to see mine hair, cuz its starting to do this exact thing so this is it.

updated by @jimmy-chase: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

why sorry those are some awesome loops

--
jimmy chase
@jimmy-chase
14 years ago
4 posts

cuz i was gonna use those 3 pics and they r pretty big some ppl get mad when ppl on forums include several large pictures in a thread.

but thanks!
soaringeagle said:

bloop-bloop
@bloop-bloop
14 years ago
3 posts

I would agree - don't go to the hairdressers - I'm an advocate of Do It Yourself

soaringeagle said: nah i tink i was wrong crochets a really dumb thing where they take a crochet hook a lil tool and poke hundreds of holes ujthriugh the dread the hook then catches some loose hairs and pulls themj in but breaks more hairs creating more loose hair so they need constant repair forever and its become popular all over in austrailia its what the weirdsistas use its a real bad idea tho

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

we are a diferent kinda forums we love lots and lots of bif pics of dreadlocks and we dont get mad too easy

jimmy chase said:

cuz i was gonna use those 3 pics and they r pretty big some ppl get mad when ppl on forums include several large pictures in a thread.

but thanks!
soaringeagle said:

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Mine are already starting to do this and I only started them yesterday. As long as I know it goes away. I wish I could feel like you guys and like them but I'll be honest, I want the "boring dreads" eventually. :) Maybe I'll grow to like it, who knows.

Is there a way to make them a little cleaner? Other than the crochet thing? (I won't do that). I know youre supposed to love them or whatever, but if I don't, is there ANYTHING I can do to tighten them up? I don't mind zig zags or bumps but the gigantic loops and knots scare the crap out of me.

updated by @circle-dancer: 07/09/15 09:07:11PM

/ 13

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form