Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loops lumps kinks and zig zags in dreadlocks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

those are awesome and at 6 months your barely 1/2 way there..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts

Cool squiggles Sonora. They have alot of character!

Kerry Lee White
@kerry-lee-white
11 years ago
4 posts

I absolutely love this site, when I need reassurance it's always the place that makes sense! I see a lot of perfect round dreads and wondered if I'm doing something wrong, even though I love my year old lumpy kinky dreads.Fantastic pictures guys! :)

coheteia
@coheteia
10 years ago
3 posts

I have had my dreadlocks for a little over two months. So far my most mature dreads are zigzags. The hair in that section lost about half its length and tripled in width. I am super excited to have actual real dreads in my hair, and I think the zigzag looks interesting. However, I am not happy with the lost length (I just love long hair) and my hair is ridiculously thick and if all of my hair decides to make these huge zigzags, I don't know how I will be able to tie it back (a necessity when the weather is 100 degrees plus here in Southern California.)

That being said, I would rather not mess with it. I'm going to let it do what it does, I just hope I like it in the end.

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
10 years ago
36 posts
Lost length is just part of the path. I put off letting my hair dread for over 20yrs in fear of short hair. Now in my 10mth my hair has shrunk more then 50%. Shrinkage just means your dreads are tightening and maturing. I started out with hair about 7-8in below my shoulders and now my dreads are above my shoulders. I actually think they are still shrinking! I may be an extreme case but I just think if I wasn't afraid of short hair 20yrs ago I would have these amazingly long dreads now. I too live in Southern CA and now I don't have to worry about putting my hair up because it shrunk so much I can't lol hang in there.
Diego F.
@diego-f
10 years ago
73 posts

One of my previous set, i called it as "om"

updated by @diego-f: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ive seen many loops that look like the om symbol and they are always my faves ..its odd how common it is tioio

--
batt
@batt
10 years ago
13 posts

woah!!! never untangled that awesomeness!!!

Diego F. said:

One of my previous set, i called it as "om"

updated by @batt: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
mary jo bayliss
@mary-jo-bayliss
10 years ago
4 posts

I'm so glad I found this site! I had beautiful dreads about 8 years ago, and cut them off as an act of mourning and have just never felt the same since. I restarted them again on May 12, and the front and top sections are locking, shrinking, twisting like mad :-) The back, however is taking its time :-) I love this discussion, and find it EXTREMELY helpful in my journey!

Here I am about 6 months ago, thinking, "It's time to grow out my locks. I don't look right."

And here we are at month 3 almost to the day. In this image, the bottom half of my hair is pulled back, I do this for work (I teach high school art) and wear a loose band while I'm at school. When I'm not at school, I look like this: Hi! I'm all fuzzy and new! :-D

updated by @mary-jo-bayliss: 07/22/15 06:35:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i swear "im so glad i found this site" is gotta be the most common thing posted here lol

--

/ 13

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form