Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks Forums

loops lumps kinks and zig zags in dreadlocks

Jessicka Nebesni
@jessicka-nebesni
4 years ago
1 posts

This was very helpful! I thought I did something wrong and it was inhibiting the dreading. So relieved, thank you! Peace and love! <3

updated by @jessicka-nebesni: 07/23/15 04:14:00PM
sonora
@sonora
4 years ago
4 posts

i'm almost at 6 months, and while a lot of them are calming down, they're still nuts!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,091 posts

those are awesome and at 6 months your barely 1/2 way there..

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
4 years ago
58 posts

Cool squiggles Sonora. They have alot of character!

Kerry Lee White
@kerry-lee-white
4 years ago
4 posts

I absolutely love this site, when I need reassurance it's always the place that makes sense! I see a lot of perfect round dreads and wondered if I'm doing something wrong, even though I love my year old lumpy kinky dreads.Fantastic pictures guys! :)

coheteia
@coheteia
3 years ago
4 posts

I have had my dreadlocks for a little over two months. So far my most mature dreads are zigzags. The hair in that section lost about half its length and tripled in width. I am super excited to have actual real dreads in my hair, and I think the zigzag looks interesting. However, I am not happy with the lost length (I just love long hair) and my hair is ridiculously thick and if all of my hair decides to make these huge zigzags, I don't know how I will be able to tie it back (a necessity when the weather is 100 degrees plus here in Southern California.)

That being said, I would rather not mess with it. I'm going to let it do what it does, I just hope I like it in the end.

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
3 years ago
36 posts
Lost length is just part of the path. I put off letting my hair dread for over 20yrs in fear of short hair. Now in my 10mth my hair has shrunk more then 50%. Shrinkage just means your dreads are tightening and maturing. I started out with hair about 7-8in below my shoulders and now my dreads are above my shoulders. I actually think they are still shrinking! I may be an extreme case but I just think if I wasn't afraid of short hair 20yrs ago I would have these amazingly long dreads now. I too live in Southern CA and now I don't have to worry about putting my hair up because it shrunk so much I can't lol hang in there.
Diego F.
@diego-f
3 years ago
73 posts

One of my previous set, i called it as "om"

updated by @diego-f: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,091 posts

ive seen many loops that look like the om symbol and they are always my faves ..its odd how common it is tioio

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
batt
@batt
3 years ago
13 posts

woah!!! never untangled that awesomeness!!!

Diego F. said:

One of my previous set, i called it as "om"

updated by @batt: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM

/ 13

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form