Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

loops lumps kinks and zig zags in dreadlocks

Jessicka Nebesni
@jessicka-nebesni
5 years ago
1 posts

This was very helpful! I thought I did something wrong and it was inhibiting the dreading. So relieved, thank you! Peace and love! <3

updated by @jessicka-nebesni: 07/23/15 04:14:00PM
sonora
@sonora
5 years ago
4 posts

i'm almost at 6 months, and while a lot of them are calming down, they're still nuts!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,519 posts

those are awesome and at 6 months your barely 1/2 way there..

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
5 years ago
58 posts

Cool squiggles Sonora. They have alot of character!

Kerry Lee White
@kerry-lee-white
5 years ago
4 posts

I absolutely love this site, when I need reassurance it's always the place that makes sense! I see a lot of perfect round dreads and wondered if I'm doing something wrong, even though I love my year old lumpy kinky dreads.Fantastic pictures guys! :)

coheteia
@coheteia
4 years ago
4 posts

I have had my dreadlocks for a little over two months. So far my most mature dreads are zigzags. The hair in that section lost about half its length and tripled in width. I am super excited to have actual real dreads in my hair, and I think the zigzag looks interesting. However, I am not happy with the lost length (I just love long hair) and my hair is ridiculously thick and if all of my hair decides to make these huge zigzags, I don't know how I will be able to tie it back (a necessity when the weather is 100 degrees plus here in Southern California.)

That being said, I would rather not mess with it. I'm going to let it do what it does, I just hope I like it in the end.

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
4 years ago
36 posts
Lost length is just part of the path. I put off letting my hair dread for over 20yrs in fear of short hair. Now in my 10mth my hair has shrunk more then 50%. Shrinkage just means your dreads are tightening and maturing. I started out with hair about 7-8in below my shoulders and now my dreads are above my shoulders. I actually think they are still shrinking! I may be an extreme case but I just think if I wasn't afraid of short hair 20yrs ago I would have these amazingly long dreads now. I too live in Southern CA and now I don't have to worry about putting my hair up because it shrunk so much I can't lol hang in there.
Diego F.
@diego-f
4 years ago
73 posts

One of my previous set, i called it as "om"

updated by @diego-f: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,519 posts

ive seen many loops that look like the om symbol and they are always my faves ..its odd how common it is tioio

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
batt
@batt
4 years ago
13 posts

woah!!! never untangled that awesomeness!!!

Diego F. said:

One of my previous set, i called it as "om"

updated by @batt: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM

/ 13

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form