Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loops lumps kinks and zig zags in dreadlocks

John Taylor
@john-taylor
11 years ago
8 posts
What about flats? A few of my remaining congo nubs get crap talked by these roo-dreads, i think its a fashion thing but i dig the little beav' tails.
steasyn baker
@steasyn-baker
11 years ago
9 posts
Thanks there starting t get straighter with time yours are sick good looking dreads and ur pretty good looking aswell

Margaret Cook said:

I LOVE them. They look so awesome!!!! Mine are all loopy and kinky too. I wasn't sure at first if I liked mine (at around 3 months) but I have been using peyote stitches to help with some of the more crazy ones, but after all is said and done I'm glad I didn't get "salon dreaddies"

Peace and Many Blessings

Happy Dreadding!

Britany said:

all my waves and bumps. there is so many. i am really glad for this post because i kinda get offended by newbs saying "I don't want or I don't like loops and wave they look ugly."

batt
@batt
11 years ago
13 posts

LOLS... now this is what you call a loop

i love my other loops but this one is something i havent grown to appreciate. this will probably never ever round out. im seriously thinking of untangling this knotted mess. and yes, thats one of the first and biggest dreads i have. thats what happens when you dont separate early on. damn freakin mickey mouse ears!

batt
@batt
11 years ago
13 posts

^

its official... them loops are dead and gone

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Those loops are the dreads maturing, at only 7-8 months in, you had a way to go with your journey still, they just may have changed over the next few months, part of the process to shrinking up. Did you untangle it? If you did, did you also make that section into a few ones now? Curious as to how large of a section it was where the hair meets the scalp when it had the "Mickey Mouse Ears". Kinda looks like deer antlers to me!... Hope your journey is going well for ya.....Peace

batt said:

^

its official... them loops are dead and gone

batt
@batt
11 years ago
13 posts

yeah, i just untangled the ears but not the whole dread, i could prolly section it to 3 more dreads if i wanted to. it was just to huge of a loop which make the dread really short which i didnt like. its quite massive, atleast for me, its takes up roughly 1/8 of the back of my head.

it does kinda look like deer antlers, lols

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
11 years ago
36 posts
Thanks for the great post SE. I am somewhere around 3mth into this journey. I have very wavy hair & most of what is going on are zig zags. I included a pic(bad lighting, sorry). The only frustration I am having is that my once very long almost to the middle of my back hair has zig zagged up so much it is only 4-5in in some places. I also have large balled up ends in places too. I began this journey for many reasons; patience & acceptance to name a few. With that I remind myself the zig zags, balls & just crazy dreads are natural, unique & beautiful and I am enjoying the ride.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they look great and if they shrank that muchj in 3 months they must be dreading very fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessicka Nebesni
@jessicka-nebesni
11 years ago
1 posts

This was very helpful! I thought I did something wrong and it was inhibiting the dreading. So relieved, thank you! Peace and love! <3

updated by @jessicka-nebesni: 07/23/15 04:14:00PM
sonora
@sonora
11 years ago
4 posts

i'm almost at 6 months, and while a lot of them are calming down, they're still nuts!

/ 13

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form