Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bohemian hairstyles for dreads?

Sabrina'Renee
@sabrinarenee
14 years ago
3 posts
ok so i have dreadlocks and ireally love the bohemian hairstyles and i want it doneproblem is i cant find a tutorial on how to do it so if you can please find a tutorial or make one that would be really helpful
updated by @sabrinarenee: 02/14/15 08:29:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
something like this only dreads woven? is that kinda what your looking for?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sabrina'Renee
@sabrinarenee
14 years ago
3 posts
no not reall something more like this http://www.totalhair.net/hairstyles-blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/26427pcn_club04mischa.jpg soaringeagle said:
something like this only dreads woven? is that kinda what your looking for?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

or like this?ok my freind khenti does this kinda thing with her dreads alottshe does like a veave headband kindas thing in the front like top pic sorta2nd 1 is kinda interesting woulde take side dreads and french braid em then do that crazy cool looking knotwork in the back i guess id do a wrap around 2 ponttails then use those spilit into 4 to weave that knot ..id have to kinda experiment to see how to do it

--
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
if you like the whole hair down with a headband look maybe just make a headband like that and wear it like in the picture..idk. or you could take a couple dreads from the very front on either side and tie em in the back. or part them to the side take 3 going across and try a braid thing going down adding more dreads to the braid as you go.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ah i see well hmm its pretty much just hair with a lil headband thingy which u can do a dreadband instrwsead or just a headband loose handing dreads ..the whole "style" here is all in just thye headband and the slightly "messy" (although i bet its very carefully made to look messy..lol) look i think its kinda just a free spiritness just accessorisize as u feel lil headband a flower better yet a flower woven band and hair just narural and free dreads will work very well with the look and the looks more about looking like your not trying too hard ..simplicity..

--
Sabrina'Renee
@sabrinarenee
14 years ago
3 posts
ok thanx guys soaringeagle said:
ah i see well hmm its pretty much just hair with a lil headband thingy which u can do a dreadband instrwsead or just a headband loose handing dreads ..
the whole "style" here is all in just thye headband and the slightly "messy" (although i bet its very carefully made to look messy..lol) look i think its kinda just a free spiritness just accessorisize as u feel lil headband a flower better yet a flower woven band and hair just narural and free dreads will work very well with the look and the looks more about looking like your not trying too hard ..simplicity..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
emily is gonna do somethin up with her dreads and take a picture for u so holdon hopefuly it;'ll give ysa an idea

--
Lindsay Frenette
@lindsay-frenette
14 years ago
2 posts
Hey! So what I've done in the past to achieve that kind of style is take some thick hemp and braid it into a headband of sorts that kind of sits almost like a wreath around my head so that way it doesn't squish my dreads into my head, but it does achieve kind of a bohemian look. I've also woven flowers into the "wreath" and warn it that way. I'm not sure if that'll achieve what you're looking for, but it does look really cute!
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
IDK but I guess if you live bohemian you will develop your styleHere's some pointers I found with google :D1Move around as much as you can. Bohemians traveled primarily around France and Paris beginning in the nineteenth century and during the time of the famous French author Victor Hugo. However, without actually traveling to Paris, you can adopt a somewhat similar lifestyle by traveling throughout your home state.Step2Remove yourself from some of your private property. Bohemians lived with hardly any private property and preferred living a communal or nomadic lifestyle. Some had only a coat with large pockets with which to carry all of their necessary belongings. If this approach is too radical for you, try spending a period of time away from your possessions.Step3Shun strict moral values from your life. Bohemians believed in a carefree lifestyle with as few rules as possible.Step4Become a person who values personal fulfillment rather than the pursuit of money. Bohemians desired to improve themselves in every way instead of seeking wealth or high standing in traditional society.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form