Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadheads : portrait of a subculture

Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Has anyone seen this documentry or even better yet, know any of the dreadies from the movie?I got it off my netflix the other day. It's mostly about the dreadheads who follow jam bands and whatnot. There were some beautiful natural dreads and the persons stories were touching.There were a few things that bothered me however. They were sharing some really bad info about bees wax, natural dreading and lice. And at times (in my opinion) making it sound like all dreadheads fit into that catagory. I've seen the dead and the String Cheese Incident but have never gone on tour or anything. So I really don't know too much about that lifestyle.What do you guys think. I'm really curious to know if anyone else has seen it.
updated by @courtney-j: 02/14/15 06:26:17AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres another thread about it too and i agreei really cant stand the dead tho and tours like the most annoying thing ever(lotta ppl will be offended by that but my 1st show was on way back from my 1st gathering and after a gathering tours just ..ugly)anyway ya i stopped watching it less then 1/2 way throughand deleted it ..even tho i downloaded it free i didnt think it was worth keeping.and funny thing was i was all excited about it b4 i saw it and just ended up really disapointed..and if i remember right didnt 1 girl say she recomended a kid melt a candle into his hair so he wouldnt have to take care of his hair?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I also got very bored and dissapointed with it SE. LOL I don't remember that part, but there was a kid who was all around annoying (claimed to be rasta but couldnt answer any questions about it except smoking pot) and it was more than obvious that this kid (whos dreads went past his waist) prolly hadn't washed his hair once since dreading.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha deadhead spirituality "i held up these marbles and shiny rocks during drumspace and i was on like 30 hits of acid man theyre magic now man so i gotta sell em for like 10 bucks man cause like theyre special man" Courtney J said:
I also got very bored and dissapointed with it SE. LOL I don't remember that part, but there was a kid who was all around annoying (claimed to be rasta but couldnt answer any questions about it except smoking pot) and it was more than obvious that this kid (whos dreads went past his waist) prolly hadn't washed his hair once since dreading.

--
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
HA HA HA Exactly what I'm talking about!!!!! There was a chick who was obviously on some heavy stuff talking about her soul mate being trapped in one of her paintings because he died while she was painting it at a WP show or something.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wow..just wowi have a freind who pretty much lost his mind on tour and his ability to filter out the inapropriate thoughts and urges. ..kindwa mumbles to himself all day too and if u make the mistake of asking what he said u always regret it

--
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Thats so crazy. Tour sounds nuts for real. Like months/years crammed in a bus or van with who knows how many people. Even completly sober that would make me lose my sanity...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and so much desperation they're always buying selling begging for tickets standing knee deep in trash starting fights over nitrox balloons ive seen 15 year oldfs prostitute themselves out of the back of a van for tickets (out of that freinds van i mentioned and thats how he got lice) i walked past 1 car with 4 guys in it and happened to glance in.. 1 of the 4 was masterbating watching the girls walk by..didnt even care there were 3 other guys in the car either..they sell alot of fake drugs too on touroh the guy that i mentioned b4 also tou]ght me to make jewlery at the time we both were starting out we were both about the same skill level and sold em for 15 average 2 years later mine improved alot i started using just silver and the best gems i could.. he started using wires he found in the trash wrapping marbles and pebbles and selling for 2-5 while i never set a price just sasked for offers and averaged 35-4 with my best peices going for 75..125..even 250he started intentionally making junkier stuff cause thats all he could sell quickly on tour

--
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Wow!!!! That doesnt even kind of sound fun to me. Man, seriously, know what you are capable of and where your limits are. If you don't have some sort of plan, thats the risk you are willing to take.The part about the guys in the van reminded me of the movie Angela's Ashes where like 3 teenage Irish boys are masterbating on a stone wall lol.Thats impressive about your jewelery SE. Do you still make peices to distribute?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nah nerve damage in my hands made it too dificult but i found 10 peices..not anything special just basic average ones and theyre shown in the crafts trade thread..

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form