Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

official johnny clean dreadlocks and dread wax debate may 7th 8pm est

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i do think we should specify that were are very disapointed in the fact that he wass unable to answer 1 single question in 3 days timeand he wasted hos 1 opurtunity to defend hiis products opting to put on a marketing infomercial instead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I would like to see the size of a three day response although I would no bother reading it. =)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
all your answers were based oj johnny logic as well and some of your info incorect1 the melting point of wax is above 140 f thats also above the birning temp of skin 130 fresidue free soap does not remove wax because it doesnt really intteract with wax wax repells watrer the soaps suspended in water so no interacting ovccurs (weve seen dreads washed weekly for 6 years and still have plenty of wax in them)soap does not "grab onto" wax soaps like dawn dish soap can emulsiphy ot break down some wax if a hell of alots used (and can only interact with the wax if its more soap then water)perfect uniform dreads are attainable without waxthe natural dreads wax suggestion was that wax should be used to MAKE mnatural dreads not tidy them and aloe is a betyer opyion then wax in every case.you did do a fair job at answering using johnny logic howebver so i commend you on thathoweverspend more time here and learn the truthstart with the dreaduction and wax removal threads at the top of main page SikTh_Man said:
Yeah, I'm starting to see that as I read through middle sections of the thread. It's a bit disappointing; I was hoping to see what he had to say. Perhaps he's conjuring a (very) lengthy response?

And thanks for the welcome you guys =]

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
lmao. I give you props. You did much better than Jonny.You actually answered the questions. SikTh_Man said:
Maybe it'll be in three business days haha

GreyGargoyle said:
I would like to see the size of a three day response although I would no bother reading it. =)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
id call that perfectanyone want an edit or should we send it?lets allow 2 hours for any other suggestions Knottysleeves said:
I'm a compulsive editor, so here's a reworked version of the letter with details for people who weren't there that night. Thoughts?

----

Dear Johnny Clean:

Thank you for agreeing to participate in the debate we hosted at the dreadlockssite.com forum. The goal was to further honest, unbiased knowledge about dreadlocks and dreadlocking methods, by asking you simple questions about how your products are formulated and to clarify contradictions you make in your own web content and videos. For educational purposes, your answers and our rebuttals were to be made fully accessible to the public.

We expected a live debate. However, all you did was sign into our forum, post a 4,600-word Dreadlocks Treaty Letter and then disappear. Many of us stayed on the forum for over two hours, expecting you to come back and participate, or at least post a response to all the comments asking where you were. Later we found out through your Facebook page that you refuse to do a live debate, though you did not tell us this directly. As the host of the debate, we were very disappointed at your lack of participation and communication.

Not one single member of our 1,200-member forum is willing to sign your "Dreadlocks Treaty" since it is based on categorizing people and presumes to speak for their motivations and beliefs. Your document contains several other things that have no place in a proper "treaty" and are completely irrelevant to the issues up for debate.

We also did not appreciate you re-wording our questions to suit your marketing purposes. We posted the questions weeks in advance, so your last-minute editing without our knowledge or consent violated the spirit of the debate. If you ever come back to the forum and read the official debate thread, you will see your actions have not fostered any goodwill towards you or your company, even among self-described neutrals.

Since you are unwilling to have a real-time discussion as promised, and insist on re-framing the issues to suit your marketing purposes rather than dealing with them honestly and at face value, we don't see how any constructive progress can be made. We are sad to say we consider the debate a failure.

One of our forum members said it best: "There are no 'winners' or 'losers' because we are all learners." We hope you agree. So in the spirit of full disclosure, we respectfully ask that you post this on your dreadlocks.tv site, above your "Treaty Letter" and links to your answers. Thank you.

Regards,

The dreadlockssite.com community (the host of the debate)

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/12/15 07:56:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
right well your an admin now so if you want click manage then broadcast message and send ot out to the members with the link here to approve or improve as they see fit

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i like the inviting back its freindlky to him and to his fans who could learn a great deal here

--
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
FYI: KJC made this post to the Dreadlock Treaty Debate facebook page this morning:First you can check out my introduction letter that outlines what I'd like to accomplish with the Dreadlocks Treaty Debate: http://dreadlocks.tv/the-dreadlocks-treaty-...debate/dreadlocks-treaty-initial-letter.html This next link is the debate blog. As we work through each question the exchanges will be posted here: http://dreadlocks.tv/the-dreadlocks-treaty-debate.html When "official" progress is make and agreed upon it will be added to the Question Pages. Here is the page I put up for Question 1: http://dreadlocks.tv/the-dreadlocks-treaty-debate/dtd-question-one.html That's everything for the debate itself. Each forum that wants to participate in the debate also has their own site where they can keep an record of the progress and discuss their responses.I don't follow or post to their forums but I get their responses through the Facebook Group Page here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?# !/group.php?gid=121250064560487&ref=tsRight now question 1 is underway...I'm working on a detailed initial answer, as soon as that's done they will post their responses to my answer and we will go from there.((I did notice that he didn't once link to this forum...))
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
total marketing circus i say we post our letter knotty made and not give him any more chance at playing his gametheres a reason i call his marketting scumbag marketting and now you see it for yourself

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im all for itsighwell it was a good attempt

--

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags