Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

official johnny clean dreadlocks and dread wax debate may 7th 8pm est

Amanda2
@amanda2
14 years ago
8 posts
This is what I was talking about the other day, he did an experiment and proved his point yet everyone is making these excuses as to why he is wrong when you can't argue an experiment done in front of your eyes. If you aren't going to look at facts why have the debate? And why have people waste their time answering your questions when you are going to put your fingers in your ears and claim to be right no matter what is said? Not to make anyone mad, but reading all this is frustrating. How many times can we go in these circles over and over about the same things? You can't argue facts.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
HIS EXPERIMENTS ARE FAULTY BEY DESIGN THEY MAKE NO SENCE AND FROM WHAT I READ ON 1 SITE IT SAID THE HIGHER THE NUMBER LISTED AS THE SPECIFIC HEAT THE QUICKER THAT SUSTANCE HEATED UP THATS WHAT I READ YOU FCOULD BE RIGHYT IM NOY SURE IM JUST GOING BY WHAT I READ ON A PHYSICS SITEbut anyway whichever heats faster its still an inacurate measurement since the sensore is not in the wax but directly exposed to the heat source and the discolorayion is in no way proof of melting at all just proof of wetting that can be accounted for by the precssence of oils oils which themselves have a far lower melting temp (they are in fact melted att room temperATUE AND ANY HEATTING ABOVE ROOM TEMP ONLY LOWERS VISCOSITY MOREAMANDA OFCOUTRSE WE CANT ACCEPT ANY EXPERIMENTS THAT ARE FAULTY BY DESIGN HOW CAN WE?I PROPSED ACTUAL EXPERIMENTS THAT WOULD PROVE BEYOND A DOUBT..THIS IS PSUDO SCIENCE damn caps Amanda said:
This is what I was talking about the other day, he did an experiment and proved his point yet everyone is making these excuses as to why he is wrong when you can't argue an experiment done in front of your eyes. If you aren't going to look at facts why have the debate? And why have people waste their time answering your questions when you are going to put your fingers in your ears and claim to be right no matter what is said? Not to make anyone mad, but reading all this is frustrating. How many times can we go in these circles over and over about the same things? You can't argue facts.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda2
@amanda2
14 years ago
8 posts
Sister Rags:It's frustrating to see people deny facts, i'm not choosing sides but he proved his point. No matter what he does or says it will be shot down so whats the point in even doing this "debate"? That's your opinion, you like natural dreads, I like products, that's where we have to agree to disagree, and that's a choice each person makes before they start their dreads, but why does anyone expect for people to answer these questions when no one is going to listen? It's pointless.I personally don't see that as a "faulty design" but thats just me, if that's the conclusion you have come to i'm not going to try to change your mind on it.Either way, I think everything that is said by everyone on here should be taken into consideration instead of making excuses on why you don't think the experiment was done correctly, but I honestly don't think anything he says or does will be given a chance because most people already have negative thoughts about these products whether it be from personal experience or the rumor mill.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they want perfectly boring dreads because johnny and others like him made it appear only those dreads are acceptible and all other dreads are scary caveman dreads that will make u an unemplotable ouitcast..that is the only reason and ifyou talk to those type people they echo that language. i didnt want to be unemplotable i didnt want to look like ik homeless etc etc etyc..god this debated exhausted me i appologize for all the typos ive tried to understand johnny logic and its literakly turned my brain to mush..i really did try to dsee how his experiment proved his point but it was too blatanbtly odvios it proved nothing the flawws wrre imposible to ignore ..a scientist would look at that slap theyre head and laugh..now im not sure a scientist would agree my experiments were perfect without a control group to weigh other possible airbotn contaminants that might become trapped in both a waxed and unwaxed samole but i believe its way more well thought out then smearing wax on cardboard, especialy wax that contains oils which are already luiquid.. SikTh_Man said:
I'm pretty sure the samples were offered for anyone else to experiment with, since his wax is the one in question on this debate.

Sister Rags said:
I found it interesting that Jonny slipped in (at the beginning of the tp roll video) that he offers free wax samples to anyone who wants one, for the cost of shipping and handling. Sorry, all he proved to me is that he's a zealous salesman. Strange, though...maybe it's just my perception, but the guy sounds bored with his own pitch. His enthusiasm is blah. That's what caused my mind to wonder what his history is. Just curiosity on my part. Has he been in sales before...training in marketing, etc.

You know, some people want uniform, perfectly cylindrical dreadlocks. Statements like that aren't welcoming, and I'm sure are offensive to anyone who prefers that style of dreads. What ever happened to "each their own"? Belittling people within your own community tears it apart, not bring it together.

Sister Rags said:
I still do not believe that Jonny "proved" anything, because he was using a frigging piece of cardboard, not human hair. Although...dang! Come to think of it, the dreads he makes do kinda look like toilet paper rolls...all perfect and cylindrical....

--
Amanda2
@amanda2
14 years ago
8 posts
I agree with all of this post below. Might I add to what SE posted before this...Not everyone who uses products in their dreads do it because they think natural dreads are unacceptable, I personally like the way "Jonny dreads" as you call them look as opposed to natural dreads, but that's a personal opinion, so I would have to disagree that everyone who choose to use products in their dreads only do it to be accepted in society. SikTh_Man said:
The people who can afford it are those things can afford products for dreadlocks. If they can't afford dreadlock products, then they aren't a concern in this debate because this debate involves people who can afford those products, not people who can't. And those same people probably can't afford internet access, thus they don't even know there is a debate or about the experiment.
Sister Rags said:
It's interesting to me that in order to do the experiment as shown in the video one must be able to use/afford toilet paper, own or borrow a blow dryer, and have electricity. I wonder how many people in Trenchtown would be able to do that experiment...sadhus in India... the Nazarite in the mideast?
Not everyone gets dreads for spiritual reasons. Some people do it because they can't afford to maintain their hair, some people do it because they like how it looks, some people (myself included here) like having long hair, but don't like it going all over the place in a gust of wind. Regardless, neglect dreads aren't the only way to go, and all dread styles should be accepted, not shunned. Nobody like being talked down to from someone sitting on a high horse, and as sadly, I'm seeing a lot of that being done on this site. Sister Rags said:
Very interesting, thought-provoking. I'm really looking into my own dread journey more deeply as I am exploring the whys, hows, of dreading...who does it, where the people who dread live, spend their time, and what are their life experiences? What exactly is this journey about, and why are some of us called to be on it?

updated by @amanda2: 07/09/15 09:32:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok im trying to find scientific evidence of this but my brains shutting down what i was able to find ewas an articly saiying you can mox car wax with an oil likke linsdssed oil to help it spread then use an absorbant cloth to remove the oil leaving the wax behind so that tells me the absorbant cardboard could indeded act like a whick and draw the pils out of the waxso that needs to be tsted im betting theres no temp change needed whatsoever to have nearly identicle results although sw temp change reducing viscocity can speed it upand lets not forget whiping a greasy hamburger on the paper towl tube wiould do the exact same thingfbasicly he proved his wax is greasy...good job johnny

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
someone pliease repeat the experiment with a french fry taped to a paper towl tube..lolim sottu im finding this comical now not just an insult to inteligence but ,,just a joke...i wosh i could get stoned and believe this makes sence but i havent smoked in monrths so its hard to believe anyone would take this seriusly

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they are of no concern becauser they cant afford products? wtf? sure they are they are being made out to be undesireables because they dont wax and use products and yools to have boring dreads.. these are the people who are at the hight of connectiveness with dreading (awkward sentence not exactly whart im trying ti convey my brains mush remember?) these people have worn dreads for thousands of years they are the dread community and may feel fashion dreads are an invassion into a spiritual community they may feel people like me and rags havent earned our dreads because we dont meditate and do gyogas and fast and prey every mommebt of ther day.. before dreads became a fashion they were a way of life these people were and are the dread community and anyone whos less religfiosly opr sprotualy connected to dreads are a guest withi9n that community and should earn the resypect of the dread community by remaining natural as can be living a spiritual life as possible paying respect to those who are higher then us on a spiruitual path and trying to be just aliittle more like them in at least some small ways free of vanity and greed etcby making natural dreads seem unaceptible or undesireable johnny is basicly slapping the real dread s]community in the facewhat do you think a sadhu wg=hos grown dreads for 60 years theyre 20 feet long and he spends all day ..no all his life in spiritual persuites thinks of a waxed crocheted felted and worked on dreads that took a day to make and 10 hours a weeek to maintain i can tell you hed think all that time was wasyed and the dreads were not earnedim not saying thast all dreads need to be grown im not saying made dreasds donmt desserve theyre dreads im not saying unspirutual people dont desserve respect toim saying that if thety want to wear dreads they damn well better give utmost respect to those who sugffer and prey and spend a life in spirutual prsuites and profound poverty to rearn theyre dreads asnd stop acting like theyre so goddamn high an mighty because they can afford a comb and some gross sticky goop and can pay someone to make them look like they have some wisdomthats what dreads were a sign of swisdom and spirituality not ws all they are is a cool symbokl a i smoke weed freakflag a im not a confomeist yet im, conforming so i wont stanfd out too muchj looktheres so much disrespect of the ones wyho truly desserve respecti

--
Amanda2
@amanda2
14 years ago
8 posts
So basically you are saying people who don't have natural dreads aren't respected by the people who do? I find that very offensive, especially seeing how I don't think of any type of dreads any differently, only the way we all got there. I respect everyone with dreads, no matter the "type" but how do you expect people to respect you when you are talking negatively about dreads that aren't done naturally? No matter the reason behind every persons dreads, the way they got there, or their opinions on wax, everyone deserves respect, no matter if you believe that or not. soaringeagle said:
they are of no concern becauser they cant afford products? wtf? sure they are they are being made out to be undesireables because they dont wax and use products and yools to have boring dreads.. these are the people who are at the hight of connectiveness with dreading (awkward sentence not exactly whart im trying ti convey my brains mush remember?) these people have worn dreads for thousands of years they are the dread community and may feel fashion dreads are an invassion into a spiritual community they may feel people like me and rags havent earned our dreads because we dont meditate and do gyogas and fast and prey every mommebt of ther day.. before dreads became a fashion they were a way of life these people were and are the dread community and anyone whos less religfiosly opr sprotualy connected to dreads are a guest withi9n that community and should earn the resypect of the dread community by remaining natural as can be living a spiritual life as possible paying respect to those who are higher then us on a spiruitual path and trying to be just aliittle more like them in at least some small ways free of vanity and greed etc
by making natural dreads seem unaceptible or undesireable johnny is basicly slapping the real dread s]community in the face

what do you think a sadhu wg=hos grown dreads for 60 years theyre 20 feet long and he spends all day ..no all his life in spiritual persuites thinks of a waxed crocheted felted and worked on dreads that took a day to make and 10 hours a weeek to maintain i can tell you hed think all that time was wasyed and the dreads were not earned

im not saying thast all dreads need to be grown im not saying made dreasds donmt desserve theyre dreads im not saying unspirutual people dont desserve respect to

im saying that if thety want to wear dreads they damn well better give utmost respect to those who sugffer and prey and spend a life in spirutual prsuites and profound poverty to rearn theyre dreads asnd stop acting like theyre so goddamn high an mighty because they can afford a comb and some gross sticky goop and can pay someone to make them look like they have some wisdom

thats what dreads were a sign of swisdom and spirituality not ws all they are is a cool symbokl a i smoke weed freakflag a im not a confomeist yet im, conforming so i wont stanfd out too muchj look

theres so much disrespect of the ones wyho truly desserve respect

i
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats thge opposite of whsat i said i said that the people who are waxing dreads dont respect the spirituak natural dreads who dreaded fort thousands of yearsand they specificly say they want waxy manicutred dreads so they dont look like them. and they make it seem undesirweable and unaccesptible to have dreads like that..they have zero respect for the peiople they should respect the most..thats what im saying and im saying someone whos medit5ated all theyre life to earn 60 yeasr old dreads most likely would look st johnny clean and his dreads with a certain level of disdain like theyre unworthy..im not saying thats right..or that they do think that just sdayijng its perfectly understandable if they do isnt it? these pepople sugffered desceimination for scenterueies but kept theyrte dreads because they meant something .. now we have people unwilling to have a single loose hair or face descerimination? now we have people whos dreads mean nothing but a look? yea theyre here to staty nuthing can be done about that yea they desserve respect for beimngt people./. but ..how dare they distrespect those who suffered for theyre dreads.. Amanda said:
So basically you are saying people who don't have natural dreads aren't respected by the people who do? I find that very offensive, especially seeing how I don't think of any type of dreads any differently, only the way we all got there. I respect everyone with dreads, no matter the "type" but how do you expect people to respect you when you are talking negatively about dreads that aren't done naturally? No matter the reason behind every persons dreads, the way they got there, or their opinions on wax, everyone deserves respect, no matter if you believe that or not.

soaringeagle said:
they are of no concern becauser they cant afford products? wtf? sure they are they are being made out to be undesireables because they dont wax and use products and yools to have boring dreads.. these are the people who are at the hight of connectiveness with dreading (awkward sentence not exactly whart im trying ti convey my brains mush remember?) these people have worn dreads for thousands of years they are the dread community and may feel fashion dreads are an invassion into a spiritual community they may feel people like me and rags havent earned our dreads because we dont meditate and do gyogas and fast and prey every mommebt of ther day.. before dreads became a fashion they were a way of life these people were and are the dread community and anyone whos less religfiosly opr sprotualy connected to dreads are a guest withi9n that community and should earn the resypect of the dread community by remaining natural as can be living a spiritual life as possible paying respect to those who are higher then us on a spiruitual path and trying to be just aliittle more like them in at least some small ways free of vanity and greed etc
by making natural dreads seem unaceptible or undesireable johnny is basicly slapping the real dread s]community in the face

what do you think a sadhu wg=hos grown dreads for 60 years theyre 20 feet long and he spends all day ..no all his life in spiritual persuites thinks of a waxed crocheted felted and worked on dreads that took a day to make and 10 hours a weeek to maintain i can tell you hed think all that time was wasyed and the dreads were not earned

im not saying thast all dreads need to be grown im not saying made dreasds donmt desserve theyre dreads im not saying unspirutual people dont desserve respect to

im saying that if thety want to wear dreads they damn well better give utmost respect to those who sugffer and prey and spend a life in spirutual prsuites and profound poverty to rearn theyre dreads asnd stop acting like theyre so goddamn high an mighty because they can afford a comb and some gross sticky goop and can pay someone to make them look like they have some wisdom

thats what dreads were a sign of swisdom and spirituality not ws all they are is a cool symbokl a i smoke weed freakflag a im not a confomeist yet im, conforming so i wont stanfd out too muchj look

theres so much disrespect of the ones wyho truly desserve respect

i

--

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form