Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

official johnny clean dreadlocks and dread wax debate may 7th 8pm est

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if i give u a hug every day every day can be christmasssorry i cant buty ya stuff all thye time i dont like money enough to wanna have it but if i had any id buy ya somethingi do have something tho that i migt pass on to u someday..i have a feeling it might be the most valuable "thing" ill ever own its an apache war drum i believe maybe like 300 years old, unplayable the skins dry and warpedactualy wait i can think of somethong else ..message me your addess i gotta send a few other things out too ive been putting off getting sent

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if it was simply a wax lovers b wax haters c everyone else but no he went in to tell us how a and b think how we feel and why thats how he does things and its totaly insulting

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
signing the treaty you agree to be a repressentativbe of group a or b and become responcible for being a spokesman for the gtpuoup as well as responcible for all written or said remarks that group makes about waxhes trying to get you to agree that if he agrees an answer is the truth then you must legaly accept ot as truthbecause he controlls the answers only his version of the truth mattersi can see just question 1 can yake months to agree to and he'll propose a dozen rediculouse experients that never even come close to proving a pointtheres 1 way to prove if wax remains in dreads and that has indeed been proven and hes admitted to it on his site but also claimed the oposite (asd he always does theres not 1 claim hes ever made that he didnt also admit the oposuite)in fact i dared ppl tro fond 1 statement that he never contradicted and i offered a free tam or dread bead to anyone whod ever found 1i never got a single responce

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm that doest prove a thing 1 hes measuting the temp oh the thermometer thats also being blown on not specificly as very thin film of wax 2 that doesnt prove a melting only a discolorationmelting is defined as a change from solid to liquid it also must be known the exact viscosity needed to be removed effectivlyas well as soaps and detergents can remove a small ammount of wax when an extreme ammount of soap os used theres no argument there but u need to specify the exact ammpunt of soap needed to remove said wax, we have found dawn dish soap works best to remove wax, and it takes several bottles as well as many many hours of scrubbing to remove some but not all wax, and dawn dish soap is specificly formulated to cut greese\proposed real experiment must take into afect the specific heat of wax the difficulty in raising the core of the dread to that temp and the exact ammount of soap needed to remove the waxproposed real experimentmake a dread from human hair 1 inch thick weigh the dread clean add 1 gram of wax then another (since fractions of a gram will be harder to measure , better yet make the dread 2 feet long so add 1 gram per 3 inches as recomended 4 grams per foot 8 grams for the dread have the thermometer censor in the escat center of the dreadheat the dread til luiguid wax is soft enough to drip out (indicating not a soft but tru luiquid state record that tempwas h said dread in hot water with any soaop u choose record the weight when drynow to determine the melting ppoint you can take a tub of wax, float it in water incert the thermometer into the center of the wax heat the water towards a boil when the wax becomes a true luiquid not just a softened wax record that tempif your able to measure the viscocity record that tooyest 3 thats also needed, heat wax to a near melting temp or to your 110 temp if you stand by that, and add soap, (and water since noone ever adds soap to dry hair) add soapy water untill all wax is absorbed buy the soap to determine this line the outside of the container with a white cloth thats absorbant, add a dark color dye t the wax place the wax on1 side of the containder in water heat to temp then start adding soap to other side and begin mixing it till all soapy water is a dark color and the dark color can be rinced out of the cloth actualy that might need work im thinking 1asst the waxwill need to be melterd in to the cloth on 1 side st least before adding the water to ensure penetratiion into the fibresok anyone else see any other modificationsd needed//and please remind him we request zero distracting edits and special effects just staraight unedited videos because we believe he is just distractinfg stoners from seeing the illogical with silly video editing gimmiks..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm are you sure the wax and metal have the same specific heat? wax i believe heats way more quickly then metal and the metal is not measuring the temp of the wax but the metal flawedand oils are contained in wax the oils themselves seeeping into the wax can change the color without heat over time that needs to be tested against to prove thats not whats happening. SikTh_Man said:
Suppose the thermometer was being blown on more-so than the wax. This would cause the thermometer to give a higher reading than the wax actually would be. If that were the case in the video, the wax would be soaking into the cardboard at a lower temperature than around 110 as seen. Either way, it's nowhere near 140.

And for the discoloration thing; if the wax isn't melting and being absorbed into the cardboard, what would be causing the discoloration? It's know that as a liquid is absorbed into cardboard, the cardboard will darken/discolor.

Why not try that same experiment and see if it soaks through the backside of the cardboard. That would undeniably prove that the wax has turned liquid and has soaked into the cardboard.

soaringeagle said:
hmm that doest prove a thing 1 hes measuting the temp oh the thermometer thats also being blown on not specificly as very thin film of wax 2 that doesnt prove a melting only a discoloration
melting is defined as a change from solid to liquid it also must be known the exact viscosity needed to be removed effectivly

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/12/15 01:51:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
my point exactly hair and wax can be weighed and weight gain from wax and loss from washing be compared to the original wax free hair to determine the exact ammopunt of wax removed by an exact ammoubnt of soap and heat..his experiments a joke Knottysleeves said:
Cardboard is not hair. This experiment just makes me laugh, sorry. How is melting wax against a piece of cardboard the same as melting the stuff into a mass of knotted, tangled hair and having it re-solidify once it cools?

Why not buy a pack of human hair, create about 40 dreads from it, attach them to something solid, then use the wax as recommended and "wash" the fake head with the same amount of water & soap as you'd use on your own head, and see what happens.

This debate is just getting sillier with every iteration. Sorry to be a downer and so negative, but it's become tiresome. I wish you guys luck, and much patience. :-)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and ill say this again we will not acceot sny videos with any dstupid edits no special effects no silly noises nothing clean unedited videos only

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
my responce johny your experiments a joke you are aware that metal wax and all substances heat at different speeds when exposed to a specific ammount of heat dont you? your measuring the temp of metal not wax and oil additionaly you admit the wax contains oils, oils smeared on cardboard with no heat at all will be absorbed and changethe color try againnow to make a real experiment this is the only acceptible experiment40 dreades made from real human hair each dread 2 feet long eac dread waxed with ther exact ammount you recomend (and if you understand math at all you recomend over a full jar for these 40 dreads..yuck) the dreads must be weighed before waxing and 1 dread must have a thermometer cencer embeded in the exact center now after these 40 dreads aere waxed with about 5 oz of wax they can be washed in yoyur 110 heat with a measured ammount of soap and water as usual and the interior cotre temp recorded and weighed again once dried if the weight isnt exactty the samje as the prewax version it must be repeatted with higher temps and/or more soap untill a temp and soap ammount is reached that allows for complete removal of every gram of waxwe believe there is no way to get all the wax out but we could be wrong we do recognise most wax can be removed at a near boiling temp with many tries and by adding repeatted scrubbings with harsh detergents and finaly adding a dissolving agent (industrial strengrth that didssolves even caulks ang glues) even using all 3 methods weve seen only about 80% removal success so we are willing to concede wax remomal is possible if you are able to demonstraye an 80% removal but then you must also edit your site to specify that those temps those ammounts of soap and the exact ammount of scrubbing nreedfed to remove most but not all thye wax..we would actualy preffer if u simmulate several applications since u dont recomend complete removal between each waxing so wed like to see 4 applications followed bt the removal; arttemptplease edit my responce my brain hurts

--
Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
14 years ago
36 posts
How in hell does he plan on running a respectable business if this is how he treats everyone who ask mere questions. If this is how he will reply to all people unsatisfied with his product, his business will die fast. Atleast have a tiny ounce of maturity. Not 'he said, she said, you're a liar! 'your leader''. That was so disrespectful in so many ways, and I sincerely hope his 'fans' realize who he really is.'nuff said. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
specific heat of Beeswax 0.82 3.4Iron, 20oC 0.11 0.464for comparison Concrete, stone 0.18 0.75Ice 32oF (0oC) 0.49 2.09so u see wax and ice have a closer specific heat then metal and concreteyou kids in highschool probly have a better idea what that all means then i do i forget w=hether a higher or lower number means it heats fasterractrualy just looked it upwax indeed does heat up way faster then metal the wax could very easily have been 30 even 50 degrees higherhe uses flawed experiments and psudo logic all the time

--

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form