15 years ago
47 posts
Goofy??? Thanks alot se!!! lol
updated by @klete: 07/22/15 03:19:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
look at any backcombed dreads in the 1st few days and tell me they dont look goofy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
soaringeagle said:
look at any backcombed dreads in the 1st few days and tell me they dont look goofy
I liked em after I took my first shower,,, lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
lolhow long did ya wait?it depends how much they insist on backcombing as tight as possible till they stick straight up for the 1st month..i just think its funny how they choose backcombing over natural cause theyre afraid to look bad the 1st lil while and it backfires and they look like a clown insteadnatural might go messy awhile but its a organicly beautiful process Iain said:
soaringeagle said:

I liked em after I took my first shower,,, lol

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
haha, i think about 5 days, then i got owned by my shampoo when it got in my eyes,and your right, they both have rough beginning periods where ur hair looks odd,at first I was afraid to go natural because I thought since I had ridiculously curly hair that I would end up with about maybe 4 giant dreads on the back of my head, but I guess I coulda just stuck with with it ripping more often,something just appealed to me when you could choose around how many dreads you could start out then let them grow from there,then I realized you could have just done that anyway.but despite having backcombed I don't feel robbed in any sense of my Journey of watching my dreads grow and change.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
understandablealtho i woulda used twist n rip over backcomb any dayand yea what ya do the 1st few days dont nmatter as much as what u do from then onif u then just let nature take over they'll be lil dammaged sure but will grow more organicly then if u go on to do excessive work on emj for months and months

--
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
1 month!!! hell, I'm at 2 months and still look goofy, course i've always been a goofy fuck in the 1st place. Like i said in the beginning of this site, if i woulda waited a month, i woulda went natural. coulda, woulda shoulda.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
hear that aloti think there musta been a thousand ppl thast had used wax the 1st week then discovered how bad it was the 2nd week.. ppl are always in too much of a hurry

--
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
i did alot of looking before i started mine, probably spent a couple months researching before i started. Like i said, the site i found really pushed backcombing, made sense at the time, now that i know better and have better info, natural is the best way, by far, soaringeagle said:
hear that alot
i think there musta been a thousand ppl thast had used wax the 1st week then discovered how bad it was the 2nd week.. ppl are always in too much of a hurry
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
theres a ton of sites pushing backcombing almost all creatted by ppl in theyre 1st 2 weeks of dreadingthey get all excited ohhh i got dreads i got dreads so they wanna make a site all about how wonderful it is to have dreads in a week and start pushin the vackcombing and waxing and all that

--

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form