Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A new chapter

Thuya
@thuya
3 years ago
2 posts

Hi, hope some are still active on this forum.  I've lurked around a long time and have finally decided to start my dread journey.  I've loved dreadlocks for a long time but the thought of parental and social comments kept me from taking the leap.  I'm so glad I didn't because at that time I can clearly remember also being put off by all the work waxing and rolling and sectioning looked.  Years later I stumbled on this site and realized how easy real dreads were but didn't fully embrace my hair and kept cutting it very short for ease of maintenance.  In October 2019, I vowed to not cut my hair and let it grow out for two years.  Here we are and in an odd turn of event, we lost running water for a few days so I set down the brush and in under a week, I already have my first dread knotting up!

I know I'm late to the game, but I wanted to say thank you for everyone who has been willing to post thoughts and photos of their own journey.  You have kept me inspired despite the self-consciousness that nags in the back of my mind.  

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Congrats I started my journey almost 32 years ago and don’t plan on ever cutting 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form