Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

It’s been like 8 years and I’m back!

mellowtone
@mellowtone
3 years ago
48 posts

Wow, it’s been a while! I am amazed I was able to log into my old account on here. I took a little bit of a hiatus from dreading (my hair was black and growing in brown so I brushed out my dreads to get the color fixed and I was sad about all that time down the drain and then life happened and here we are!) and I have been thinking about starting the journey again.

I got bangs a few months ago and they’re growing in. Are they too short to start dreading right now? I don’t want them to look weird or not incorporate well with the rest of my hair. Is this the right forum for this question?

ps, hi soaring eagle!!

updated by @mellowtone: 09/29/21 05:49:30PM
mellowtone
@mellowtone
3 years ago
48 posts
I just went through all my old posts and it’s actually been 10 years!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Hi aww I love your pretty hair

welcome back

65155106_2408382669221660_3506146902267658240_o.jpg

yea mine were barely past the floor last time I saw ya

welcome back

life huh? 
crazy the way life takes us sometimes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mellowtone
@mellowtone
3 years ago
48 posts
Isn’t that the truth? Wow you have some seriously impressive locs! They must be heavy.
What do you think about dreading with my bangs? Should I let them grow in some more?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Nah just let em dread as they grow

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 04/09/21 09:27:24AM
mellowtone
@mellowtone
3 years ago
48 posts
I thought you might have that attitude :D
Just ordered some shampoos from Vicki for me and my love. He just started his dread journey, too! I will post progress photos!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Awesome

--
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
3 years ago
54 posts

Hi There,  I had bangs and shaved sides when I started. As SE can tell you I had 2 million questions about it. Here we are 3 years later and they just seemed to dread so nice and fall into place. Funny enough I do have bangs again but not because I cut hair or combed out dreads. The amount loose hairs in the front were so much I decided to make them into bangs and I love it. If I want to dread them again it won’t be hard either. If you see in the beginning of my journey the bangs are super short and dreading nicely.  They grew super fast too.   As SE said to me about my sides don’t worry they will catch up and will do their thing, at some point you’ll never know it was a thing. This is true. Good luck and happy journeying,

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form