dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Finally formally introducing myself..

Jessie-Rose
@jessierose
4 years ago
16 posts

Hello all you beautiful people :)

My name is Jessie.  I'm a 30 year old female from Sacramento, Ca.  I've been lurking for quite some time now (OBSESSIVELY) but been a little too nervous to post.

I started growing my second head of dreads around the beginning of December 2019.  The year before (Nov 2018) I had TnR'ed my entire head and thought I knew what I was doing.  Although I didnt use any wax, gels, or the infamous crochet hook, my sections were forced and it never felt quite right.  I ended up combing them out at about 5 months.

I got the BUG again last December.  I was quitting my shitty fast food job and FINALLY going back to school (degree in Funeral Services) and somehow resurrecting my dread journey worked its way into my new beginning :P  It really felt RIGHT this time.  I'm a recovering heroin addict (6 years March 5th!) and I've been through quite a lot in my time.  But I'm finally blossoming into the strong and powerful, happy and successful woman I could have been all these years :)

I have suuuuper straight, soft, thin-ish hair a bit past my shoulders.  I began with TnR on the bottom portion of my head thinking I'd just go for partial dreads this time.  ....buuuut then I wanted more so I stopped brushing at all about a week later.  Some of the sections I did started forking so I split them where they wanted and left it be.  The rest of my head I'm letting nature take its course and figure out how it wants to dread on its own :)  I'm loving it.

Oh and I'm using the Goddess liquid from dreadlockshampoo.com.  It is amaaazing.

I took some pictures >_<  I couldnt tell which were best so I figured I'd just post em all :P  I'lm writing this on my tablet and the pictures are on my phone, so I'm going to have to do a separate reply to post them.

Sorry for the ramble.  :/ I hope I can make some new friends here!

--
x-Jessie
Jessie-Rose
@jessierose
4 years ago
16 posts
I dunno how to add x.x

--
x-Jessie
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

beautiful and welcome

well when you said 'i'm going to school for funeral services, and resurrecting....' thought there was a pun in that

but then came 'i'm recovering and been through alot'

and wondered if it was nearly literal.. unintentional perhaps, but maybe you barely survived an od.. or well just the recovery is a resurrection from a near death experience. (young teen i did alotta stupid things.. knew never to try herion, not even once, but was stupid enough to take any random pill combo i could find in any medicine cabinet.. scariest was 1 for parkinsons and who knows what i combined it with.. 1st the world went all flashing paterns, kaliedescope like. then i collapsed on the sidewalk, and time dilated to an extreme degree. i mean a bus driving by, a guy stepping over me looking at me disapprovingly, and my gf at the time reaching her hand towards me all felt like they took  almost an hour each.

it may have only been 10 or 15 minutes that i was unable to get off the sidewalk, but it was terrifyingly long and slow. like every heartbeat was an eternal wait away..

sorry.. not helpful.. but just ..proud of you for your recovery AND YOU LOOK HEALTHY LIKE YOU ARE DOING WELL congrats!!!

and.. this community supports ya in more then your dread journey

but also your life journey with dreads

ps havent touched anything, not alcahol, not lsd, since my very early 20s (herb only and 90% only for pain) (no pain meds ever, despite there being a good bit of pain involved in my disability)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 years ago
233 posts

Welcome!

That’s not a bad career! Clients will be dying to see you....

updated by @peaceful-passer: 02/06/20 02:51:44PM
Jessie-Rose
@jessierose
4 years ago
16 posts
@soaring-eagle
Wow holy cow your story is intense. Thank you for sharing that. But yeah the teen and young adult years are crazy..

I didn't realize my wording 😖 but you hit the nail on the head; I did in fact barely survive overdosing.. twice. Sigh. Also lost my husband to a relapse overdose in 2018.. we were separated at the time. Very rough.

Super rad how long it's been since you touched any of that! I'm sure with all your pain it may have been tempting at times.

--
x-Jessie
Jessie-Rose
@jessierose
4 years ago
16 posts
@peaceful-passer
🤣🤭 That was an awesome pun, I'm lovin it.
Also, not to sound like a creeper, but your hair is sooo beautiful. Very inspiring. I've looked at your pictures more than a couple times through the past few weeks when I'm lurking the boards. Gorgeous. 💙

Thank you guys for welcoming me ☺️ I feel like I know some people a bit just by reading through so many messages. I was a tad afraid I'd get no replies.. 😳 but y'all are awesome 🤘🤘

--
x-Jessie
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

i hate the way pain meds feel more then i hate the pain. in fact, in many cases i rather not have anesthesia, and certainly refuse to let  them give pain meds while under anhsthesia after a procedure.everytime i was in extreme pain i tried to get off the pain meds as quickly as i could

i still have plenty of pain but only bother with weed and only for my shoulder which interferes with function.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 years ago
91 posts

@jessierose  Welcome from across the big pond, I've been brushless for almost 2 years and still have a long way to getting full dreads; yours are shaping up nicely and think you'll be amazed at the shrinkage.  

Enjoy the ride..

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 years ago
233 posts
Jessie-Rose:
@peaceful-passer
🤣🤭 That was an awesome pun, I'm lovin it.
Also, not to sound like a creeper, but your hair is sooo beautiful. Very inspiring. I've looked at your pictures more than a couple times through the past few weeks when I'm lurking the boards. Gorgeous. 💙

Thank you guys for welcoming me ☺️ I feel like I know some people a bit just by reading through so many messages. I was a tad afraid I'd get no replies.. 😳 but y'all are awesome 🤘🤘

Thank you :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form