Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First introduction

Gunat
@gunat
5 years ago
6 posts

G'day mates, I'm finally introducing myself. I've spent the last year mostly reading on this blog. I am a German guy, currently traveling Australia since 9 months. I've started growing out my hair from basically nothing when I left Germany. Since then I didn't use any products, except shampoo. About 6 months ago I bought a dreadlock shampoo from an Australian brand. I've decided to go all natural, but wanted at least some results, which is why I have to twist and rip locks. They're quite loose, but are still holding together. The rest of my hair doesn't lock up at all. Yes, it is messy (usually I have thin and straight hair), but I never had anything close to baby dreads. From time to time, I'm wearing a headband but mostly the hair is free to do it's thing. I've also tried to use a saltwater spray a couple of times. But usually I just wash my hair once or twice a week and that's it.

I know it takes a long time for dreads to form, but 9 months is quite a long time even for people with my kind of hair. I'm getting a bit impatient and wanted to know your opinions, in case I'm doing something wrong or should change my hair care in general. I might do some more locks with twist and rip, even if it hurts my feelings to not be all natural. 

And sorry for the bad quality pictures, I'll try to take better ones, if I can.

I'm happy for any tip or suggesting. 

DSC_0886.JPG
DSC_0886.JPG  •  292KB

DSC_0889.JPG
DSC_0889.JPG  •  243KB

DSC_0885.JPG
DSC_0885.JPG  •  239KB

DSC_0891.JPG
DSC_0891.JPG  •  265KB

DSC_0890.JPG
DSC_0890.JPG  •  256KB

DSC_0888.JPG
DSC_0888.JPG  •  353KB

updated by @gunat: 07/24/19 07:31:55AM
january nicole
@january-nicole
5 years ago
1 posts
Hey there! I'm new to the site also and I am just letting my hair do it's thang. you are much further into your journey than i am! and we have about same hair type, mine maybe lil more thick.. have you try washing your hair maybe every 3 days or try baking soda? Anyway, experiment a bit and keep updated! Greetings! From Indiana (-:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

do not try baking soda way to harsh it wil ruin your hair

your doig fine its just now long enough to start t dead

whats the shampoo though

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Welcome, glad you're joining us! I have no advice, sympathy and solidarity in your journey. Your hair is short, as soaring eagle said, i bet you'll see a lot of changes in the next few months.
Gunat
@gunat
5 years ago
6 posts
No I haven't tried baking soda, cause I read it was very harsh. I'll let my hair doing it's thing for another month or so and if nothing improves, I'll do some more twist and rip.
I use the liquid lock up fast shampoo from Dreadlocks Naturally. Dunno if it's any good though, but it's the only one I was able to get.
Gunat
@gunat
5 years ago
6 posts
Peaceful_Passer:
Welcome, glad you're joining us! I have no advice, sympathy and solidarity in your journey. Your hair is short, as soaring eagle said, i bet you'll see a lot of changes in the next few months.
Thanks for the optimism, I hope you'll be right ;)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

you mean from www.dreadlockshampoo.com ? if so there is nothing better then that..period

--
Gunat
@gunat
5 years ago
6 posts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

you mean from www.dreadlockshampoo.com ? if so there is nothing better then that..period

Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia. Otherwise I would have bought it. The brand I'm using is called Dreadlocks Naturally.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

never heard of it but they should ship everywhere but its high overseas but it is flat rate shiping so u can get several for same shiping fee

--
Gunat
@gunat
5 years ago
6 posts

Then I'll order a couple, thanks. I have another question though. Do pony tails or buns affect the knotting process in a negative way? Cheers guys

updated by @gunat: 06/07/19 10:57:54AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form