dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

54 month update !

Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

My lengthy 54 month update vid

This is a 30 sec cllp of March 2018. The way this dreadlocks condition is, its the same condition ALL of mine went through. (I really mean of all my 52 dreadlocks, no exaggeration).

Enjoy ? 

updated by @daniel2: 02/20/19 07:22:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

better yet, put them in the post itself, arranged by date   with the date in text next to it

do you have a text editor toolbar at top?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

full history

whats been done

rubber bands

interlocking

crochet

baking soda acv wash

doubtful but dread perm/

--
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 years ago
91 posts

@daniel2   Haven't watched all your video yet, it looks painfull to have had a great set of dreads and for them to wilt and fall must be a bummer, I see why you seem 

down now.  Hang in there though, you still have some good length to regenerate and I'm sure SE will have some good advice..    Im only a year in and have about

12 - 20 dread of various size and shape starting to form..  Stay positive and look at maybe try looking up "Vermin Supreme" presidential candidate to give you hope.

Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

So here's the history to the best of my memory.

The first year and a half I did use any generic shampoo that was in the shower. So that was from mid 2014 to late 2015. Then from early 2016 to mid 2016 I did the acv/bs wash because I remember that being recommended, I did this for 6 months. After reading it was advised against, I switched to the bars from dreadlocksshampoo. That was the summer of 2016. Then the start of 2017 I started buying their conditioner also. I've been using their products since the summer of 2016, absolutely nothing else. For the past 4 years I had a strict schedule of washing twice a week. But it's around 6 months since I started doing it once a week, also conditioning that same day.  

I have NOT: put any rubber bands, crochet them, interlocked, perm, t&r, palm roll. 

When I say all I've done is wash them and separate them, I have. I can't stress it enough to people when I say I just stopped brushing my hair.

Here's another theory of mine. From mid 2014 to mid 2016 (2 yrs) I was using a regular shampoo then switching to acv/bs. I did this as they were still forming/developing/knotting/tangling. I'm thinking, for the first 2 years of me using those products as they were forming, it was setting in motion the damaging affect and only did it happen later down the road. 

I did some research and this does tend to happen to people who have used rubberbands, crochet, perm, etc. That I understand. What I don't get is why did this happen to me since I never did any of the above. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

panterra asked if u got facebook  pm me the  info

she suggested what i suspected as well

had you worn them in a pony tail a whole lot for a year or so

did you tie back the pony tail with yr dreads...or elastic bands

the fact they all broke around same length would indicate they were constricted and weakened at that point

--
Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

YESSS that was another theory of mine. I would use two dreads to tie them back. Anytime I would leave my house I'd tie them back. So school/work/anything public. But I wouldn't have them tight or anything, the knot I'd make wasn't squishing the dreads at all. I'd leave enough wiggle room for them but tight enough to hold them. Never used an elastic band. 

So yeah, it must've been that cause there's no other explanation. They all weakened around the same spot. 

My thing now is, what do I do now ?

I'm back to phase 1. Many went from 18 inch to 4-6 inch. I'm still sticking to the same maintenance - once a week washing/conditioning them. separating. I did buy a vial of oil to condition from Vicki, so I use that a few days of the week. 

Tying them up caused the breakage so obviously I won't tie them up as much I used to. Or at all ? What about the many many other people who have them tied up all the time ? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

most dont all the time those tha do often ae going bald from doing it

--
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts

@daniel2 Sorry to hear you're having such breakage issues. Your hair still looks awesome though! Does your hair feel any different from your head to breaking point/breaking point to tip? I personally think may be damage caused by the shampoo you used first & the baking soda/acv, and I have a feeling it won't happen to it now that you're using good shampoo! Tying them up the way you say you do shouldn't do that. Not without an underlying cause.  Healthy dreads are strong.

updated by @poopiepants: 03/04/19 03:05:13AM
Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form