Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Calling it quits

6 years ago
64 posts

It's been quite a year. But after exactly 1 year, I've decided to call it quits and brush my hair out. I have a lot of regrets. Namely I wish I had sectioned my hair better, the summer I spent working in the fields wearing bandana and hat really didn't help, I never found out what method of washing my hair was the best or at what frequency, Still frustrated that only the back of my hair dreaded anything from my ears on forward literally looked like I was straightening my hair, I don't know if I'll try this again. I might only go a week before I decide I want to try again, it may be a year. I'm left feeling really dejected. I'm glad I was able to contribute to this site if I did at all. I tried my best to upload every week even though all the pictures look the same (partly why I'm frustrated). I hope it goes better for the rest of you, and I hope this site stays up. 

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
What's your plan? Brush them out or cut them off?

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
6 years ago
64 posts

Brush

6 years ago
64 posts

might as well since over half my hair didn't even dread or knot in any way

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Fair enough. Let us know when you give it another go. I'd recommend trying twist and rip.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts

@alter You WILL regret it, I promise. DON'T DO IT! I can guarantee you it's what you are washing with and the frequency. I'm going through the same thing(mostly the back locked), but my washing habits are terrible at best. Try using Dawn or Palmolive ultra(says residue free on it). Every time I wash my hair twice in the same week something new starts, and I have very straight hair. Please don't comb it! A year has gone by, sure. If you decide you want them again you'll be back to square one.

Edit: Wait... Freeform? Or TnR? If you went Freeform stick it out. If you "made" them, maybe you should brush them out and then throw your brush away. Residue-free is the key to Freeform. If my hair dreads, yours most definitely will. All you need is patience.

updated by @poopiepants: 12/30/18 11:00:11AM
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
No shame in combing out! I have considered combing out and freeforming (i started with TnR) but then i think of how much time it would take just to comb them out and i change my mind.😂😂 Covering them or wearing them back definitely hinders progress, and having the right shampoo makes all the difference. I'm tokd hair around the ears locks slowest, and i have found that to be true as i still have loose hair all around my ears.

I wish you the best however you proceed! Keep us posted, for sure.😊
Dre
@dre
6 years ago
12 posts

About a month ago i brushed my free-forms too, They weren't too mature but i just felt the strong urge to do it, 1 day after i started free-forming again, I don't really regret doing it to be honest it was just an odd urge. Just putting my experience into this for your consideration 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

dont quit and who said migh as well just cause its slow

look through our photos the most amazing dreadsdreaded the slowest.. 1 member didnt get her 1st knot for almost 4 yars but now the y are the most beautiful dreads u ever saw

do not quit if theres anything to brush out then iys already tangling just keep going

what have you been washing with how longs your hair and  how are you drying are you wearing hats alot or anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

um have you looked at your own photos they are dreading pefectly fine you got decent dreads there

if anything change what you wash with or wash more often

but your already well dreaded dont destroy all that progres

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form