Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shower caps

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

The roots of the hair at the front of my head seems to be really long without dreading and I thought it was just because the front takes the longest to dread but I have just realised this may not be the case.

When I am showering but not washing my hair i tie it up on top of my head to keep it dry. Yesterday when I got out of the shower i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realised that that exact area of hair was full of soap. It seems that when I wash my face I seem to be soaping my hair at the front without realising and then don't manage to rinse it out when I rinse my face. I imagine this must be stopping the hair dreading as it is effectively conditioning those sections with soap.

My idea is to get a shower cap for these non-hair-washing showers. So does anyone else use one? If so what type?

Thanks in advance.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

Wow, I would not have thought of this but thank you for posting this because I do the same thing and had similar issue. I wasn’t using a shower cap because I just figured even if my hair gets wet it’s ok but if soap gets in it and if when it’s tied back this can cause issues maybe going back to usiing  a shower cap is the answer. Now as for what kind, I had a nice one I got in a cvs years ago. It is lined with terry cloth and very thick n cushy  so it’s easy on the hair. It also had lots of room so it should be good for dreads too. This is my thought but of course if anyone has input on this that is more suitable for dreads please let us know. Thanks.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I have no idea what a CVS is.

Could you post a link or a picture so I know what I'm looking for?

Cheers.

--
lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts

A cvs is a store here in the america's. I assume you don't have them in England.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

No, never heard of it.

--
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

Oh yes I’m sorry I forget it’s a regional thing. I’ll find a pic for you. 

LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

Hey there, 

Do you use amazon?  I found one much like the one I have on amazon. I pasted a link below. CVS is a chain drug store but I live in NYC and don’t know how far they reach. Anyway the terry lined caps are really good & this a an extra roomy one made for people with lots of thick long hair which I had at the time. I hope this helps.  

https://www.amazon.com/Klorane-Washable-Terry-Showercap-Generously/dp/B00SZ2ZOGK/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1543367675&sr=8-5&keywords=terry+cloth+lined+shower+cap

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Unfortunately that one does't ship to the UK but atleast I know what I'm looking for now.

Cheers Luna.

--
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

Oh ok, I’m sorry. I didn’t know they didn’t ship to the UK. I will keep an eye out & if I find any that do ship your way I’ll let you know but maybe there are local places by you that may have them. I hope you find it. 🙂

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Yeah I'll go and look around some shops at some point.

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form