dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks, from day 0

TashTash
@tashtash
4 years ago
76 posts
@Gazzunger-the-grey

I’ll take your ginger I think ginger hair is great! If we’re forced to isolate I’ve already got plans to do all the DIY jobs that I keep saying I don’t have time for is it as bonkers down where you are as it is up here with the panic-buyers? I struggled to get dog food yesterday! I understand the fear to an extent, but I don’t understand where people are getting the money or time for shop raiding! A multicoloured dreadlocked rubbish mural sounds awesome, and a bag full in half an hour is actually kinda heartbreaking! I have heard of The Levellers, and I would love to see them play I’ve heard it gets a bit mental at their shows! I don’t actually know what any of them look like though so I’ll have to have a Google What does Dreckly mean? I’m assuming like slowly?

@soaring-eagle
Hi SE, hope you’re keeping well I know it’s not great for your hair or scalp and is no longer recommended, which is why I only used a little bit of each baking soda and vinegar, and made sure to give everything a good rinse, moisturise my hair with some aloe and a little essential oil, and up my vitamin and water intake just needed to get out whatever was in there because it was making me itch and things were looking a little dull I have invested in some larger scarves so I can wrap it all up better when I have to work in the dirtier places, we were working on an aluminium furnace and those places are full of this horrible dust like stuff that gets everywhere! I think that’s probably what it was because it makes my hands itch too there aren’t any chicken bones in my house, I’m still on that vegetarian diet and my fiancée won’t eat meat on the bone, but I get your point, ACV BAD!
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 years ago
233 posts
I do agree with SE to not use acv and baking soda, that cleans the drains lol. However diluted acv is not inherently bad! Diluted enough it moves from an acidity of 3 to 4 or more with dilution. (Why I always dilute my acv). Soaking vs rinsing will have a different impact on your hairs as well because yes, soaking hair in acv is not good! Rinsing in diluted acv is not bad when rinsed out, rinse thoroughly. Hair is a 4.5 to 5 in acidity.

We use acv in our baths to combat anything from diaper rashes or parasites from the dirt or the like (like ringworm and chiggers to acne and danderuff)

Usage has the biggest impact. Also for a detox grime removal I’d strongly suggest vickies activated charcoal shampoo, it cleared everything out of my locks better than acv can, acv helps the itch and dander vickies got the lint and anything else!
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 years ago
91 posts

@tashtash I am Gingerish with hints of grey'/white. Enforced DIY while under isolation seem like the only way I will get my house straight...dog walking and gardening seem to take priority (hope to grow more veg this year - you can't eat a tidy house).

Panic buying has hit us too, not a loo roll in the County; my dog is fed for the next month (although he prefers my food)  

Levellers put on a lively show, a bit of moshing often occurs (good stress relief) 

Like your up-do by the way - I can just about tie my mess up using to little dreadies .    

To all you lovely dreadies, stay safe throughout the Coronavirus madness, it wont last forever.

Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 years ago
91 posts

CORONAVIRUS  - hows everyone coping?

@Tashtash - sorry to hijack your thread but can't a new post to work for some reason 

"Hi all you locked down dread folk..hanging onto this crazy olde rock spinning in space,  hope the current Coronavirus pandemic isn't affecting anyone too badly.

UK has gone full lockdown, only emergency, essential services peoples working. Everyone else stay at home apart from essential journeys; Im kind of glad to be working (Postal deliveries) to pass the time. At least the weather is stuck in a dry spell (its been one of the wettest winters on record) wich is better than being cold and wet..

Im lucky to have garden and I'm hoping to use some space for veggies to save relying on shops.. anyone else got any growing tips?

@ soaringeagle - hows your "grow your own" project working out? 

Meanwhile. back at the dreads - someone at work tried telling me i Should tie my hair up due to covid19 "it was on google" hahaha.  My hair is like 

quarter- third way dreaded (pics will follow dreckly ) and making some weird and wonderful shapes.   

Stay safe everyone, keep smiling and look after the less fortunate 

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 years ago
233 posts
Gazzunger the Grey:

CORONAVIRUS  - hows everyone coping?

@Tashtash - sorry to hijack your thread but can't a new post to work for some reason 

"Hi all you locked down dread folk..hanging onto this crazy olde rock spinning in space,  hope the current Coronavirus pandemic isn't affecting anyone too badly.

UK has gone full lockdown, only emergency, essential services peoples working. Everyone else stay at home apart from essential journeys; Im kind of glad to be working (Postal deliveries) to pass the time. At least the weather is stuck in a dry spell (its been one of the wettest winters on record) wich is better than being cold and wet..

Im lucky to have garden and I'm hoping to use some space for veggies to save relying on shops.. anyone else got any growing tips?

@ soaringeagle - hows your "grow your own" project working out? 

Meanwhile. back at the dreads - someone at work tried telling me i Should tie my hair up due to covid19 "it was on google" hahaha.  My hair is like 

quarter- third way dreaded (pics will follow dreckly ) and making some weird and wonderful shapes.   

Stay safe everyone, keep smiling and look after the less fortunate 

Are you composting? That’s the best way to enrich the soil for nutritious foods.

We’re currently in lockdown as well. Though it’s not publicized (here anyways) our boarders of the state and other states are contained- there is legislation in place as well. I’m grateful to live in the country and have already been homeschooling my children- many are in a state of shock AND denial.

I’ve been making reusable masks lined with non-woven fabric inside to actually block the germs.

Let’s Keep our loved ones safe and not be a source of contamination!
updated by @peaceful-passer: 04/23/20 09:18:37PM
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 years ago
91 posts

@peacefulpasser  composting anything that doesn't move (Could try a neighbour or two - but that would take too long), acquired a shredder so big stuff can be mangled and rots down quicker. I still have slow log,branch piles to benefit the wildlife (be get slow worm and frogs which help keep down the slugs.  

I recently cleared an olde pile out cuttings, leaves etc which left some nice compost underneath so I am hoping try and establish a "no-dig" veg bed, getting impatient for seeds to arrive by post now.  I've been scavenging on my rounds lately; found some good mesh netting to keep birds off seed beds and too some old Agapanthus roots away that someone was taking to dump....

Love your homemade masks, your kids look happy in them.  We have some at work, I will use if situations are desperate. 

20180322_103740 (1).jpg

Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 years ago
91 posts

oops...  the piccy is one of my favourite trees, a young hollow oak about 2-3 hundred years olde.

/ 15
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form