Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
6 years ago
64 posts

Hello, I've just reached the 8 months timeline.

To be honest, I'm not  very satisfied. Any and all advice is welcome.

I left a huge photodump yesterday on my gallery, go check it out.

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/alter/gallery/gallery-images/all

updated by @alter: 09/16/18 04:16:23AM
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
Hello! Why exactly are you not satisfied? I think your hair has made awesome progress.
lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts

excellent progress

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

I saw the photos 1st when I had to approve them..my reaction was..wow

but why aren't you happy/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
6 years ago
64 posts

I haven't been satisfied for a good while. Anything in front or top of my head (bangs, top of head, above and around ears) is not dreading at all. You would almost guess I would be straightening my hair.

I'm also not sure on my sectioning. While workign in the fields, I was wearing a bandana and hat, not really paying attention to my hair since I was working so much and just passing out when I got home, I didnt

get to section or look at all the crazy matting on the back of my head. I have some really fat loops at the end of my hair while the middle and roots are straight and not dreaded.

6 years ago
64 posts

I've been watching a ton of videos of other peoples dreads and trying to see if they all have a certain way they wear their hair, sleep, shower etc to see why mine isn't showing any progress but I've got nothing.

I'm really disappointed. It's been 8 months compared to other people I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm using dreadlocksshampoo and I use the sea salt himalayan spray by them. I wash 3x a week, sometimes 2x, when I'm really off, 1x a week minimum, I don't play with my hair at all, I just very very very very lightly brush it away from my face when I have to. I don't know what to do.

Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
I'm pretty sure that hair typically starts dreading in the middle or the bottom when you freeform, not the roots. Perhaps the hat is impeding your progress? Hair needs movement to lock up, and it sounds like the top part of your hair spends a lot of time stuck under a hat. Maybe skipping the hat will help your hair progress?
brandi.guerrero
@brandiguerrero
6 years ago
26 posts
I’m no expert at only barely 4 months in but it’s my 3rd time giving dreads a shot and I’ve read and watched tons of videos lol.. I think it’s just because your hair is thicker and there’s a lot of it is why you feel you’re not making “progress”. Thicker hair takes longer to dread. I’m sure you chose natural method for a reason, so as far as being satisfied just remind yourself of WHY you chose to do it this way and relax and let it be.. aside from that I could say if you wanted to separate and do some palm rolling it may be satisfying for a moment you could see and feel better where it’s actually “dreading”. But that’s just a temporary “solution”. Everyone here will say Lea or it be... which is cool.. everyone else can see it making “progress” but you.. kinda like kids or pets growing when you see them everyday you don’t realize how big they’re getting until years have passed and their grown, but say a family member visits once or twice a year and says oh you’ve grown sooo much. I think dreads are the same if that makes sense lol..
lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts

hair around ears and the hairline will always dread last. It's just more oily and thinner hair. You'll be lucky if it ever dreads.

Good progress.

Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
Yeah I second that. I'm only going on 5 months, but all my hair is doing pretty well except the hair around my ears. It's all still hanging loose.😶
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form