Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am I too late?

TheMystiqueRose
@themystiquerose
6 years ago
18 posts

I think I am going to shave my hair tomorrow at least enough to take it out where the interlock was taken place. That will leave me with about an inch, inch and a half. I will start the free form the more I research/read the more this is what I want to do lol

or should I just shave my head as much as possible/ completely?

updated by @themystiquerose: 08/06/18 03:13:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

no because the longer tye hair the faster it dreads and it takes a month to grow 1/2 an inch

try to save as much as you can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

TheMystiqueRose:

loc a fella I'm not sure but on twist and loc gel I wasn't able to post my picture from my phone for some reason but found the ingredients online.

edit forgot to drop the link lol https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hair-care/textured-hair/wavy-hair/free-flow-twist-and-lock-gel/SBS-591020.html

ONE OF THOSE INGREDIENTS, ALTHOUGH COMMONLY USED IN COSMETICS, IS DERIVED FROM URINE

oops caps

many are just conditioners

alotta chemical names i would need to look up

--
TheMystiqueRose
@themystiquerose
6 years ago
18 posts

Okay I cut off two though myself just to see what my wife and I would be dealing with. I just cut where the interlock was and the new growth began. My god I have to say I forgot how hard and firm those locs were. I still have one because I was amazed between the interlock and the gels it was pretty firm yet a few strands that were kind of gel but mostly palm rolled were way softer. I think I have about 1/2 an inch or little over that already in new growth. My hair grows waaaay too fast. So I've just been washing it as if I'm doing the free form now and suppose once it gets a bit longer to where you can easily tell the difference we will just cut them with scissors. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

totally woulda guessed ya had a wife just by who yu chose as a dread insoiration haha

(its cool 1 of the 1st groups I made was the jgbt  group (im  straight  thiugh) 

you might want to do a clarifying shampoo to remove gel

cant wait to see the freformed dreads

--

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form