Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need help wet towel smell

seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts

hey guys 3 of my thicker dreads smell like wet  towel i fan dry my dreads but everytime i wash them the smell damp wet  towel when i squeeze it it dont smell like the dreadlocksstie tea tree shampoo can anyone help me out ? im still new to dreads i been dreading them naturally for about 3 years from scratch  

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

try the rot knot from dreadlockshampoo you might have a lil mildew growth

that will fix it totally saturate them after wetting hair  continue to squeeze it in  wrking it into the core as you soak  it in for 10 min or longer then rinse and wash..dont be afraid to use a lot it rises out easy as can be I use an entire bottle

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts
Thanks a lot! I will do that in my next wash can I leave it in for 30 min just to be safe then rinse it off?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

sure its mostly cloves and other essential oils  the worse that can happen is you might wanna eat your dreads after case they smell so yummy

keep in mind though..cloves is what novacaine was derived from,  its used to numb teeth if you got a toothache..now I never noticed it numbing my scalp or anything  but that is a possibility

I think its just the strongest smell (even though theres lavender in it too)  but its not strong enough to cause numbing...just wonder if after 30 min it might

--
seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts
Thank you so much! I will deff the rot knot do you recommend any oils i can make into a spray?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

lavender it not only will be the best to hide and scents but it also helps prevent any funky spore growth

--
seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts

thanks alot sorry for the long reply i am doing a 30min soak with the knot rot right now i put the shampoo and worked it in the thicker dreads then all over my head and scalp it was foumy so i know i put alot just to make sure i have no smell after words thanks alot for the help i ordered another bottle for next time

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

I always keep a bottle on hand just cause the last month I as literally damp or wet the entire month  I might have gotten them dry an hour here or there tye only time I really got them dry was flying out the car window and thats when the back wheels  went over them slamming my head into the headrest

I don't often need it but ..every so often I do so I make sure I never am without a bottle since I use the entire bottle at once

by the way thy smell great now right?

--
seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts

oh dang really? crazy yeah you have very long beautiful great dreads and yes! they do i used alot of it but it worked i love the smell of cloves and my hair is feeling very happy and soft n no towel smell! thank you like i was getting frustrated with it. i wanted to ask you does the bars soap work the same as the liquid shampoo ? i i ordered the Patchouli shampoo bar along with the knot rot and sea salt spray and i already have some of the tea tree liquid shampoo but i was looking at the dragons blood one and the nag champa but idk witch one to try i have samples of the nag champa but i want to try the dragons blood one but in liquid forum or bar forum? witch one is best? i want the full benefits of the soap to keep my hair clean and soft and healthy 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

liquid helps young dreads dread faster it already has sea salt in it

bars don't dry out mature dreads (detox bar does dry it a bit)

dragonsblood smells yummy too kinda like licorice or anise  a sweet almost candy smell..yumm

nag champa is a stronger earthy scent it makes me think of Tibetan monk monastaries.. like patchouli is earthy but this is even more so. I love it!1 my sister hates it (patchouli too) 

all clean amazingly just the liquid dries the hair making it dread faster (not appropriate for African hair types for that reason)

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form