Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dealing with the negativity...

Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

Really? That is amazing. Also, is that a burmese python I see, Lopenator? :)

I've already tried that. People are just so toxic. I knew it was going to happen, but it's still a blow to the ego because these are people who have supported me, no matter what, that are making these comments.

Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
For me,
I am a very spiritual/religious person. From what I believe (Hebrew scriptures), it helps me to know that God looks at the heart, not on the outward appearances. And so I believe that people who judge on the outward appearance instead of the heart, are people who are not close to God and thus are not to be listened to.

These are scriptures that come to mind:

1 Samuel 16:7
וַיֹּ֨אמֶר יְהוָ֜ה אֶל־שְׁמוּאֵ֗ל אַל־תַּבֵּ֧ט אֶל־מַרְאֵ֛הוּ וְאֶל־גְּבֹ֥הַּ קוֹמָת֖וֹ כִּ֣י מְאַסְתִּ֑יהוּ כִּ֣י ׀ לֹ֗א אֲשֶׁ֤ר יִרְאֶה֙ הָאָדָ֔ם כִּ֤י הָֽאָדָם֙ יִרְאֶ֣ה לַעֵינַ֔יִם וַיהוָ֖ה יִרְאֶ֥ה לַלֵּבָֽב׃
But the ETERNAL said to Samuel, “Pay no attention to his appearance or his stature, for I have rejected him. For not as man sees [does the ETERNAL see]; man sees only what is visible, but the ETERNAL sees into the heart.”
---This is about finding the right man to be king, and when Samuel thought he had found the one who outwardly looked like he should be king.

2 Samuel 14:25
וּכְאַבְשָׁל֗וֹם לֹא־הָיָ֧ה אִישׁ־יָפֶ֛ה בְּכָל־יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל לְהַלֵּ֣ל מְאֹ֑ד מִכַּ֤ף רַגְלוֹ֙ וְעַ֣ד קָדְקֳד֔וֹ לֹא־הָ֥יָה ב֖וֹ מֽוּם׃
No one in all Israel was so admired for his beauty as Absalom; from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head he was without blemish.
---This is describing a deadlocked man. He had to start cutting his hair once per year because his locks started to weigh up to 5 pounds. He was the most attractive man.

Numbers 6:5
כָּל־יְמֵי֙ נֶ֣דֶר נִזְר֔וֹ תַּ֖עַר לֹא־יַעֲבֹ֣ר עַל־רֹאשׁ֑וֹ עַד־מְלֹ֨את הַיָּמִ֜ם אֲשֶׁר־יַזִּ֤יר לַיהוָה֙ קָדֹ֣שׁ יִהְיֶ֔ה גַּדֵּ֥ל פֶּ֖רַע שְׂעַ֥ר רֹאשֽׁוֹ׃
Throughout the term of his vow as nazirite, no razor shall touch his head; it shall remain consecrated until the completion of his term as nazirite of the ETERNAL, the hair of his head being left to grow untrimmed.
---Part of the sign of a nazyrite is not to cut your hair and is actually a part of being holy/concecrated to God.

So for me, people who are negative about it - it is a way of seeing into their heart...it is a good way to discern people to see how shallow they are etc. This is just what I believe. I am not saying you have to believe the same things. Hope it is encouraging though! :)
Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

Ohhh, you know, I really, really like that. I'm very spiritual as well (I'm Pagan!), and reading what you just posted, was so very helpful. That is a good way to look at it. For me, dreads is a way of raising my spiritual vibrations and being closer with who I am naturally, without any modification. I've done a lot of reading that it is supposed to really change everything in your life, so I am more than thankful for everyone who has posted here <3 This is such a lovely community and I am so grateful to be apart of it.

lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts
@harleyjunkin why yes it is. Her name is banana.
Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

Aww hahaha. How is Banana doing? c: I love snakes hehe. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

for 15 years everytime I looked In my moms direction she made scissor motions with her fingers.. every single convo involved 'I wish youd cut that you'll never get anywhere in life' 'don't you want a girlfreind' and so on. I was excluded from all family stuff

"i'm embarrassed to be seen with you"  then we went xmass shopping, 8-10 grey haired old ladies surrounded me saying they never saw such beautiful hair.  every 8th to 10th person that walked by said "I love your dreads' others just out of earshot (where my parents we behind me) were overheard saying did you see his amazing hair'  the people that care about you care how you reflect on them as parents or freins thy are worred what others think..more then you are

that year I got a tam from my parnts and never once heard anoter negative commet in fact they started bragging to other dreads about mmy dreads

in the past they would never have spoken to anyone who wasn't a yuppy type

now in a related thing, years ago on a forum a kid posted 'am I ugly' with a photo

he wasn't ugly nor attractive just average, but he got like 2000 replies siome saying no you just eed confidence others offering styling tips to make him feel more attractive and more then a dozrn girls flirting with him

then 1 guy and 1 guy only replied "yes yoir the ugliest person I ever say its painful to look at you I barfed in my mouth'

out of 2000 replies that was the only 1 he reacted to or replied to saing what makes you ay that what can I change etc

you see the point is no matter what you do, how you dress or wear your hair how you look  you'll get people seeig beauty in you and others being very negative 9(either as I said cause they are concerned how you reflect ont them, but in the case of stranges its a misery they suffer from so inflict on others to make themselves feel superior and less miserable)

what type person are you/ the type to dwell on 1 negative comment out of thousands of positives? or someone who accepts compliments and realizes there are jealous haters out there 

in all my years dreading outside my mom and a dozen others I have had 99.9999999999456434566543456% positive commebts (close guess as I can remember less then 5 or 6  negatie and possibly millions of possitive

oh..i don't count locticians they use shame to steal your money

every single locticians said they looked nasty even while surrounded by dozens praising themas the best dreads they ever saw

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form