Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How much do your dreads/dreadlocks weigh?

Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts

Have you ever weighed your dreadlocks? How many dreads how long and how thick are they, and how much do they weigh? How long have you been growing?

Also I am wondering how long it would take to grow 5 pounds of hair? Like 20 years?

updated by @peace-shalom: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

mines 27 years 9-10 feet long and very thick hair i doubt it weighs 1/2 a pound..well when wet it might weigh 3-5

1'2 a pound though you can notice when tied up like this if it flops around or is off balance

DSCN4166 1.JPG i broke my back and have a messed up spine and neck

5 pounds would be pretty unbearable. they weigh a couple ounces for sure, maybe  3 or 4

possibly a pound at the most

i'd say my keyboard weighs more. my mouse a lil less

empty travel mug comes closest (picking up random things within reach to compare)

nope travel mugs heavier..

headset with mic lighter

small plate heavier

small Tupperware container lighter, same container filed with potato chips slightly heavier

ahh stuffed eagle sitting ontop of my 300 year old apache war drum.. or a small throw pillow  seem about closest

the kind of thing youd only notice if its pulling your head to 1 side

ok the empty travel mug had a spoon in it the spoons a bit lighter

yea..final verdict  out of everything i could find in my room a small lightweight pillow came cosset.

jah levi.jpg jah levi grew his 47 years

they were 14 feet long when he cut them, he cerimonialy wrapped them in silk  and the entire bundle was under a pound, or maybe just over.

he would wrap them around his waist like a belt

ofcourse you can feel under a pound if its always pulling especialy in 1 direction or  off to the side. off to 1 sides the worse. it can  through your spine out of alignment. just like always having a wallet in the same pocket can knock your spine out of line.

keeping the lil weight they add  properly in balance helps.. find tying them up makes my head feel wobbly..lol when you move your head and its just a few ounces heavier yiu can feel it.

now this guy had the worlds longest hair before he passed. because it was not dreadlocks but whats known as a polish plaite (the result of illness) a massive monodread 20+ feet long and only able to be washed once a year i would guess it could weigh as much as 3 or 4 pounds

this man has 62 foot dreads you see no muscle strain in lifying them.  tey clearly are less then 3 pounds

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
That's really interesting.
According to a 2,500 year-old Hebrew scripture there was a man named Abshalom who had 5 pounds of hair. He was a Nazarite and it got to the point where he cut his hair once per year because the weight would be too heavy for him.

I also find it fascinating that the scripture records him as being the most praiseworthy for his beauty in all of Israel.

Obviously, the only possible way that anyone could have 5 pounds of hair would be in some form of dreadlocks.

And so this tells me that according to the scripture, dreadlocks are beautiful. This makes me want to get them more than ever. (as I am a Karaite)

וּכְאַבְשָׁל֗וֹם לֹא־הָיָ֧ה אִישׁ־יָפֶ֛ה בְּכָל־יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל לְהַלֵּ֣ל מְאֹ֑ד מִכַּ֤ף רַגְלוֹ֙ וְעַ֣ד קָדְקֳד֔וֹ לֹא־הָ֥יָה ב֖וֹ מֽוּם׃
No one in all Israel was so admired for his beauty as Absalom; from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head he was without blemish.
וּֽבְגַלְּחוֹ֮ אֶת־רֹאשׁוֹ֒ וְֽ֠הָיָה מִקֵּ֨ץ יָמִ֤ים ׀ לַיָּמִים֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר יְגַלֵּ֔חַ כִּֽי־כָבֵ֥ד עָלָ֖יו וְגִלְּח֑וֹ וְשָׁקַל֙ אֶת־שְׂעַ֣ר רֹאשׁ֔וֹ מָאתַ֥יִם שְׁקָלִ֖ים בְּאֶ֥בֶן הַמֶּֽלֶךְ׃
When he cut his hair—he had to have it cut every year, for it grew too heavy for him—the hair of his head weighed two hundred shekels by the royal weight.

2 Samuel 14:25-26
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

keep in mind though that they bathed a lot less then so dirt added to the weight

we had a guy here who had 8 year old dreads he never washed once and complained about the weight despite being 1/3 the length of many others who washed and did not complain about the weight

but yes the nazarites had dreadlocks many were very long

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form