Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fight with traction alopecia. I need a help.

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

If you wash your dreads 1-3 times a week you are good to go. Besides that, you can rinse with (cold) water as much as you want. I wash my hair not later than 7 pm because i want it completely dry before going to bed. Wet hair can cause mold, so you don't wan't that. I think wearing your hair like in the latest pictures is way better than before and will help with your recovery. Good luck!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

FemalePheromones: Looks good. The fact that they are just hanging in place rather than being pulled back will definitely slow down the traction alopecia. If you had tied them u0 like that from the start I'm sure it wouldn't have got as severe as it has. As for washing. I do every 2 or 3 days which ends up being 3 times a week. I haven't washed with shampoo for a few weeks now I just rinse with water in the shower. The main thing is making sure they have time to dry before you go to bed. When I turn off the shower I tip my head forward and make sure all my hair hands down in front of me and then shake my head from side to side to "spin" the water out and along to the tips. Then I get out the shower and lay a towel over my head and gently press it against my hair for about 10 seconds just to get rid of the surface water (I don't move the towel at all just hold it in place) then leave it damp to dry of its own accord. I usually shower at about 6pm which is plenty of time to dry before I go to bed. If I'm busy and have to shower any later I will tie my hair up in the shower to keep it dry. Just make sure you don't tie it up while it's wet. Leave it down to dry by itself and then keep it down when you go to bed. Your sreads will feel great when you wake up after having the freedom to move around in the night.

6 pm? i can't wash mine after 2 pm and have them dry by sunrise even with a blow dryer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

can you take that you wrote in polish, create a new topic with the title in polish too

not really asking the questions you asked, but instead wat you learned from your mistakes and the harm caused

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Yeah but yours are proper mature dreads. Mine are barely dreads.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
I always rinse or wash in the mornings, but I have found my hair is usually dry in 3-4 hours. But I still got baby dreadies.

SE I imagine your hair taking like a week to dry.😂
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

nah but it is still damp 12 hours later in spots

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

mine take like 5 hours to airdry, but i have blunted tips and i have to sqeeze the water out of them proper, or its gonna take way longer!

12 hours? That is long! And you still wash your hair pretty often S.E.!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

wish it was more often but  its hard to as often as i would prefer

--
Wezyr666
@wezyr666
6 years ago
17 posts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

can you take that you wrote in polish, create a new topic with the title in polish too

not really asking the questions you asked, but instead wat you learned from your mistakes and the harm caused

I think that is some possibility. Lol I try do this in this week.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

great thnx

--

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form