dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sea salt spray

6 years ago
64 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

i know exactly

3.5% of the water volume

i don't know  what units of measure you'd use but google or even Cortana or whatever can help ya with conversions

start with like how many tablespoons in a cup  16 tablespoons per us cup

hmm just read its by weight not volume and 3.2%

3.2-3.5% salinity

weight or volume 

only changes by temp

1 thing id only leave vickis in longer then a lil while.. because of added proteins and vitamins

it does what it will do in 10 min  2 hours is bout the longest id do 

hers i left in the few times  i used it

i get her prototypes ..and test them

ive tried hard to create residue grinding 1/3 of a bar into 1 dread or using whole bottles of rot knot or shampoo ( dont do it my god the rinsing) i find lil too much liquid can fill the shower floor (where my dreads are piled) with overflowing suds but of how clean

i dont generally recommend leaving salt water in longer then a couple hours, but feel hers is safe to

can you show an update pic and 1 about 2 months ago? how old are they?

This is at about 1 month 2 weeks

1m2w.jpg

This is 4 months

4m.jpg

Just those little balls at the ends that will probably fall out. The rest is as  straight as can be without straightening my hair. No tangles knots or anything.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

nah they wont fall out but yea its dreading a lil slow..not alot

you don't need the sea salt but it cant hurt and should help

your not in any way unusual though

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
@alter I'm by no meams an expert nor can I speak from experience but I have heard a lot that hair can dread from the ends rather than the roots so I'd guess as the rest of the length dreads those "balls" will just get sucked up into them.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

almost always dreads from ends or middle not roots

--
6 years ago
64 posts

I don't really understand how knots "migrate"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they dont migrate they build on eachother

you get a single tangle and more build on it

how do christmass lights always end up tangled no matter how neatly you try to put them away.. once ters a lil unevenness from a tangle theres loops for other hairs to loop through  which creates more, and more

it really only takes a single tangle for it to build into a dread over time

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Are you at 4 months now?

If so you're further along than I am.

--
6 years ago
64 posts

@soaring-eagle is that how you avoid tight roots? If so, that makes a lot of sense. Also it makes sense that the dreads end up the size of the section. There's a grad student in the physics department of my uni that uses wax. His sections are like twice the size of his dreads.

@femalepheromones do you count time starting from when you combed out your crocheted locs? Yours look better than mine in my opinion. I would have kept the old crocheted ones and just gone natural from there, let the knots build up, and then once the natural neglect part grows long enough, cut off the crocheted part. I almost took my brother's offer to pay to have mine crocheted but I want the bragging rights of saying that mine are freeform.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

the longer it takes the more you have to brag about :)

the rots won't tighten beyond a certain point just cause of how the hair grows from the scalp and has to have room to move to knot  and dread

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
@alter yeah I'm at about 3 and a half months from when I combed out the crocheted "locks" (they weren't locks they were fucked up hair).

I am so glad I combed them out. Yesterday I looked back at my first thread on here and the pictures I posted. Awful. They were all hard and rigid and didn't want to bend and were stuck in shape.

It actually took me 2 weeks to fully comb them out and my hair thinned out a lot in the process but it was so worth it. In a way I'm still really happy with myself that I bothered to do it when I did. Yes I regret ever having my hair crocheted, if I had found this site beforehand I would have started natural and be nearly a year in now but in the end it has world out. I know I definitely would have regretted it a lot more if I hadn't combed it all out.

This month has stepped up quite a bit too. I've been keeping my timeline as monthly updates so keep an eye out for my 4 month on on the 28th.

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form