dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Going natural from Crochet'd advise

KGB1024
@kgb1024
6 years ago
5 posts

Hello,

My son is 4 and I had his dreads crochet'd in 1 year ago, at the time I wasn't sure about which method and hadn't found this site. After the first maintenance appt., I noticed some broken hair so decided to go natural. My question is: should I be doing anything to help the loose hair kinda get sucked in? I wash it with Nicki's Locking up shampoo 3 time a week. He swims a lot, pool and ocean. Most of the dreads are starting to mature with some zig-zags and some of the tips have blunted up. It seems like his dreads are still shrinking and I am sure they will continue to as they mature more. I just need some advise as to what everyone does for maintenance and natural dreads. I do palm roll them every few days, after he takes a bath.

Thanks in advance...

Cross Easter.jpg
Cross Easter.jpg  •  343KB

Cross' ocean.png
Cross' ocean.png  •  9.1MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

palm rolling does nothing at all..   all they need is washing and separating. the loose hairs take care of themselves.  as far as crochet, if they are  tight enough to be stiff at all, a light conditioning (and use the bars instead of liquid) for awhile till they soften and loosen can help, but honestly i'm not sure he needs to.. you'd be  able to tell though if they felt too tight 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KGB1024
@kgb1024
6 years ago
5 posts

No, his aren't tight and like I said some have zip-zags and are really cool to watch the maturing process happening. I only palm roll if they are starting to get flat, just to round them back out. 

Thanks and I am glad I found this site. Your dreads are awesome buy the way...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads are like play doe  flatten them in 1 direction they get flat wait awhile they flatten on another direction and round out.  they have a tendency to round on their own, but that compression..flattening is how they tighten.. without ever palm rolling i have about 8 flat inches in the middle of 1 dread...and that flat spots why its my favorite dread

--
KGB1024
@kgb1024
6 years ago
5 posts

Yes, I fully understand that, he has one that used to be really long and now it's one of the shorter ones because its tightening and is all zigzag. It is my favorite one, overtime I look at it closely I see new shapes.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

when really loopy they almost seem totry to communicate in some strange written language

sorta like sandskrit almost

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form