dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Around Here

Soon2bdreaded
@soon2bdreaded
6 years ago
1 posts

Hello Everyone!

My name is Riley and I'm 29 years old. I don't have dreadlocks yet, but I've long admired them. I finally decided to take the plunge once my hair is long enough. I've got between 3 and 4 inches so far. I'm super excited but also nervous. The one thing that's put me off of dreads is the cultural appropriation debate. I don't want to contribute to another person's oppression. But it is just hair. I know that many cultures in the past had locks. Its just that I love them so much. Im trying to be as sensitive as I can be. I feel as though many fake dreads to be trend, but I honestly feel it has spiritual significance. Now, I'm not claiming to be. Rasta or anything like that. I'm not. But I do feel the fact that they are a process and that they eschew vanity does make them a spiritual thing in a sense. Maybe not in the usual usage of the word. Anyway. I thought Id join here and have some like minded individual# to talk to about my journey.

Now, as I have said I'm not locked yet, but as soon as I feel my hair is long enough I'm going to do it. I'm planning on using twist and rip. I also have a good idea of what kind of products I'm going to use. I plan on using vitamins goods shampoos. (Awesome products, I've actually used their shampoo on my unlocked hair and their pretty wonderful. I wouldn't suggest the bar shampoo on unlocked hair though.) I also plan on using dollylocks tightening spray and possibly their conditioning oil later on down the line. I do not plan on using wax. There seems like there is quite the debate on the topic, but I know I want to have my locks a while so avoiding any build up is a must.

I'm really excited to be here and I can't wait to meet some of you and learn and grow with you all.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Welcome.

As someome that recently did twist and rip (you can see my timelime in the timeline section) I'd say don't bother because after about 2 weeks a lot of them had completely untangled so I untangled the rest myself and am just going natural from now on.

It may seem like a faff going the natural way bht from my experience you will probably end up that way at some point anyway.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

start today with dreadlockshampoo.com liquid  and simply stop combing as it grows

salon locs are the only cultural appropriation

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form