Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sponge Dreadlocks Maintenance

XenonPhantom
@xenonphantom
6 years ago
6 posts

I don't fully know much about how to maintain sponge locs. i usually wear a do-rag when i sleep but that comes straight off so i just sleep without covering my locs but i don't think i should continue that. whenever i wash my hair some of my locs unravel i'm fine with waiting for them to grow i just don't know if they're supposed to unravel like that. I also don't know if i should i just sponge them every morning and night or just do it once in awhile.

updated by @xenonphantom: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

I don't know what "sponge locs" are, but i would'nt wear anything on my head over night. Hair has to be able to move that it can knot and then finally dread. How long are you in and did you use a starting method? Unraveling is quite normal and part of the process , at least in the beginning.

XenonPhantom
@xenonphantom
6 years ago
6 posts

What i meant by sponge locs I use a sponge to twist my hair. i'm 1 month into this by the way.  

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

1st off the sponge is a silly way to start.. but it should only be done once

loosening is absolutely normal but you need to be washing way more often (weekly at a minimum) 

and yea dont sleep with anything on them.. sleeping is when they  dread the most (and washing) 

everytime you use that silly sponge yur resetting progress to day 1 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
XenonPhantom
@xenonphantom
6 years ago
6 posts

I don't think the sponge is silly. most people I've talked to said it's a good way to start. what do you recommend me do if the sponge is a "silly" way to start dreadlocks 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

it makes very hedgehog like spikey "dreads"  but simply wash and go it dreads itself   without all the rubbing and stuff

hair is always trying to dread.. all you need to do is simply let it

you have been working hard at preventing dreads all your life  so why would you have to work to start dreads? if yu simply stop preventing them.. hey happen

theres always silly inventions someone made they claim makes dreading easier but thats not the case

1 such invention was called "the multi headed reciprocating rotating dreadlocking machine"

only once had we seen i used.. and the result was totally mangled destroyed hair

it spun around firing thousands f tiny crochet hooks through the hair  tearing it to pieces

you see.. making something so simple it literaly happens in your sleep so complicated you need a patented machine ...tat only 1 person in the world that i know of  ever fell for it

the sponge is just another gimmick that creates hedgehog like spiky sections  but doesnt really help the dreading process 

only leaving it alone to dread wil help it to dread

--
XenonPhantom
@xenonphantom
6 years ago
6 posts

Ohhh okay that wasn't made clear to me what you meant by silly but i can understand where you coming from. so just washing and leaving it alone okay then i'll stop twisting it with the sponge and

XenonPhantom
@xenonphantom
6 years ago
6 posts

and let it grow out

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yup cause every time you use the sponge you reset the progress to day 1

just let them be and they will dread the sponge at most defines the sections then you have to simply leave it be and give it time and it will dread

--
cole
@cole
6 years ago
7 posts

Hi guys its good to be here I've been looking forward to get a dread forum where i can share my dread journey progress and likewise share and get ideas with others.
I just started my dreadjourney

I'll be dropping series of videos in my channel. subscribe ,like and share guys, i'll do same.

#staylock

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form