Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bad case of Residue Build-up

dreaddypapa
@dreaddypapa
6 years ago
3 posts

Was wondering if anyone has successfully survived through a bad residue build up. Any dread I open up from the root has an absurd amount of buildup and I know it goes all along the dread. It makes me feel gross and I know it’s just shampoo build up because I use to lather way to much on my actual dreads instead of the scalp and not take the time to dry them. I’ve done a lot of deep cleans but it’s still just SO MUCH! Any help on people who actually survived this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dreads are 4 yrs old btw

updated by @dreaddypapa: 02/05/18 07:27:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

deep cleanses as in baking soda/?  we dont recommend that anymore! it severel.y weakens hair after long term use. plus, its very very harsh much of that might even be dead skin that the baking soda ate off

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is the best shampoo, but theres a new 1 not on the site called detox (order any other other bar and in the comments section request a substitution with detox

just the regular shampoos would likely remove the buildup  but the detox is charcoal based deep cleanse  that super cleans all the way through 

now you mentioned they were maintenanced twice what was done .. noo wax was ever used right? theres no smells involved when damp? what shampoo had you been using

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dreaddypapa
@dreaddypapa
6 years ago
3 posts

To be honest I feel like using shampoo just keeps making it worse, so as of a couple months I have just been washing it with water. But before I would use doctor browners not diluting it at all and knotty boy dread soap which I stupidly would just smack and smother all over my dreads. I do have a musky smell that has been getting better but before I was able to smell it when my hair was dry, now it's mostly when my hair is wet. I now thoroughly dry them. No wax was ever used, I just had someone pull some hairs in because I had job interviews twice. Other than that, under any loop on my dread theres a bunch of white specs, if it dig at my dreads from the roots, after an inch its smothered in white specs. It makes sense that some of it is due to the baking soda to be honest, i did think that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners..and hard water

theres the culprit

dreadlockshampoo is made specificly for hard water so won't cause buildup..bronners in hard waters almost like wax..heavy buildup

ok

options.. several gallons of distilled water.  order the rot knot, any bar, and if you feel the need the detox bar (probly a good idea) (flat rate shipping so all fit in 1 box for same shipping fee)

1st saturate them in the rot knot squeeze it in deep (i use an entire bottle and still have no probs rinsing it out easy) use as much sas you need to get it into the core, wait 10 min then rinse, then wash with either the detox or other... finally rinse wiith the distilled water 

optionally you can filter the water. or get an inline or in showerhead filter, but they aren't that cheap.

you should only have to do it once the good water should rinse out the bronners but  if its kinda congealed  the detox should i believe get it out

the rot knot will kill the funk growing in them. (smells yummy if u like cloves)

i have heard of knottyboy leaving residue in hard water too

you probably live in a very hard water area

this should fix you right up

you can distill your own water  and you can even find plans for home made solar water distillers.  basicly you want to evaporate it from the source,  collect it in a cooling tube so it condenses  and drips into the good water container (yes just like in chemistry class)

simply boiling will only concentrate it (the undissolved hard minerals0

yyou need to separate the distilled water from ther  undissolved solids either by evaporation and condensation, or  through filtering

god im too tired to type haha can't even see straight

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form