Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Ign0rantg3nius
@ign0rantg3nius
6 years ago
3 posts
I'm Maegann. I'm a freelance photographer and I make jewelry from time to time.
I've been on my journey for a year now.
I started my journey out of spiritual and mental recovery and wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into. I used the backcombing method to start. I used a teasing comb and did my best not to damage the hair (although it's nearly inevitable using this process). Needless to say I waxed once in my dreads life and will never do it again. It made my dreads have a constant grease look about them.
I went through the phase of hating the bumps and poked at them with a crochet hook and learned the hard way after one of my dreads broke (yes it broke in half... ) that I would never again touch a hook and let it do it's thing naturally.
I would say I lost a little over half my length when I dreaded. They shrunk from below my arse up to my shoulders, and are just now finally getting length again.

This journey has taught me alot about myself and I am ever thankful. I've attached some photos below of the before, the after, and the now (and a piece of jewelry I made) :) Mitakuya Owasin

IMG_20160525_044947.jpg

20170222_212135.jpg
20170222_212135.jpg  •  1.5MB

20170208_082754.jpg
20170208_082754.jpg  •  1.3MB

20180111_170348.jpg
20180111_170348.jpg  •  1.7MB

updated by @ign0rantg3nius: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

mitake oyhasin

you and your dreads are stunning! very beautiful. and glad you learned those lessons (and hope you stick around to share your experiences with others)

i made jewelry myself for a long time.

do you have another name? 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Your use of the word arse mean you're definitely from the UK. Happy

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

her use of mitake ohyasin means shes native american

her tribe spells it a lil diferent then Lakota, probably pronounced lil diferent. but same meaning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Ah well I am from the UK so have no idea about anything Native American.

Just don't see the word arse used often online but if Native Americans use it that can only be a good thing.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
6 years ago
233 posts

Welcome, I too started with long hair and have lost about half of my length, some more or less than others. It's a beautiful journey! Love your locks 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form