Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should I Convert To Another Soap/Method?

Pathargic
@patrick2
6 years ago
61 posts
Dropped by the site and saw mentions of Dr. Bronners causing problems. Would anyone mind filling me in as to what the issue is? Also, it has come to my attention that BS/Vinegar(I've used white, not ACV up to this point) is apparently very harsh and is not advised to use to wash hair. My usual method is:- Big ol' bowl of hot water -Eye ball about a half cup of BS -Apply oils -Put in a little Dr. B and mix -Let my hair soak for a bit, rubbing my scalp down after the water cools down a little -Dump water, fill it back up with cold, put in some vinegar, add oils, soak and rinse Will this cause problems in the long term? I mean, I don't do it that often(usually once a month, no more than twice in two months), and it seems to clean very thoroughly. Should I look into one of these dreadlock shampoos/bars? How well do they work in thick dreadlocks?
updated by @patrick2: 01/08/18 06:00:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

ok well bronners isd whats known as 'superfatted' which meansdthat not all the oils are broken down or "saponified'  in hard water this can leave dreads oily, sticky  even feeling like you used wax.. horrific buildup

now bs/acv was all i used for 4 years, and literally every day i would find 8-10 inch dreads lying on the floor..i thought it was just from dragging on the ground, then tried pinching out a lil link and the hair just fell apart in my fingers, weak as can be.  it actualy burns off the scalp with the alkaline bs, then  dissolves the hair with the acidic acv . put a bone in vinager over night and it softens enough to tie it in a knot.. nthats it being dissolved.

my god do the dreadlockshampoo bars work great!

my scalp was destroyed by ignorant doctors till it came off in bloody chunks for years .. dreadlockshampoo saved my scalp

now its not on the site yet but can be special requested, the charcoal detox (it is a lil drying though) a germaphobe friend insisted  you cant get dreads clean. after washing my dreads with detox feresh out of the shower (and only really using it on scalp0 i put a thick dread in my mouth  abouyt 5 feet from my scalp.. and drank the water (i do not drink the tap water here0 it tasted like pure filterers water better then out of the tap. or even a mountain spring.

the regular shampoos have microfine clays that flow through your dreads bonding with dirt and oils and removing them

furthermore most shampoos are mostly water, hers are beer..organic beer.. im not sure where you even get organic beer unless she brews it herself.

beer is renowned for how good it is for hair health. 

after i switched to them ny dreads have stopped breaking and my scalps healthy for 1st time in years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JT
@j-welsh
6 years ago
42 posts

Im with soaring on this. LOVE LOVE LOVE dreadlock shampoo bars. just got the herbal one in the mail. first time I've tried it and it smells great as the other ones I've used. I do think there is something good about a deep soaking cleanse though. But if baking soda and ACV is a no go, im wondering what would be a great method for a good deep cleanse? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

the charcoal based detox, just next order request 1 bar or 1 liquid be replaced with detox. the liquid detox  th9ough is a much smaller pump bottle then the lockin up liquid. bars are same size

\they clean exctremely well  but dry the hair slightly..and  seem a lil harsher on the eyers..and no lovely smell

--
JT
@j-welsh
6 years ago
42 posts

Is the detox in liquid or bar? and is it a soaking deep cleanse or just basically washing like shampoo?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

both liquid and bar but like i said liquids in a smaller pump bottle cause its thick, not really liquid

i just wash  like shampoo   i use them on my body too (all of them) fairly often. 

--
Pathargic
@patrick2
6 years ago
61 posts

Well, in that case, it'd be foolish of me to pass up trying one of the shampoo bars. I'll try one out. I'll have to look into the charcoal a little bit later. Thanks for the insight. Now, I only wonder what I'm going to do with my remaining oils...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

those are mighty dreads btw ..you mean essential oils/ they are medicinal, and can be used to treat many things, if you get a scalp condition mix some with a carrier oil and apply

--
Pathargic
@patrick2
6 years ago
61 posts

Thanks. I should probably look into uploading a couple recent photos. It's been a while. Regarding the oils, I found some info on how I can use these oils. I think I might benefit from trying out some aromatherapy. I'll have to see what else I can do. Thanks again!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

good plan and can't wait to see the photos

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form