Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I have had my hair dreaded since 23rd July 2017 using the crochet method. (I didn't know any better the only person that was anywhere near me that locks hair only used crochet)

For the first few weeks I was washing every other weekend but clockwise rubbing every weekend.

I went back to get them "tidied" on 1st October 2017 expecting to just get some loose hairs tidied up but actually had the whole locks recrocheted back to my scalp which I didn't want so I decided to not go back.

I have since stopped with the clockwise rubbing and now wash every weekend. I was using a solid shampoo but can't remember where it was from but have just switched to the Dreads UK liquid shampoo.

Now all I do with them is wash them on the weekends. No other maintenance at all.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm attaching some photos so you can check my dreads out for yourselves.
20180103_174317.jpg
20180103_174317.jpg  •  1.6MB

20180103_174340.jpg
20180103_174340.jpg  •  1.7MB

20180103_174230.jpg
20180103_174230.jpg  •  1.5MB

20180103_174236.jpg
20180103_174236.jpg  •  1.6MB

20180103_174353.jpg
20180103_174353.jpg  •  1.6MB

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones

updated by @femalepheromones: 02/03/18 02:05:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

1st i would stop using dreadsuk 1st its chemical garbage (compare ingredients to the best ones www.dreadlockshampoo.com ) but 2nd ethically thats about the worse possible choice there is .. the dreadsuk guy has tried to take over  lazy dreads website content by force,  he tried destroying my life with libelous lies and  others as well simply because we stopped him from constant spam bombing in fb groups

hes a real scumbag who will go to any lengths to promote his crappy products no matter who gets hurt in the process

next good you stopped the rubbing and crochet it could have pulled 1/2 the hair right out of the scalp 

i would lightly condition in order to loosen them up and speed up the recovery

its a shame that people in areas where dreads aren't common fall into that crochet thing so often then mislead others.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
No idea why all the photos have turned 90°.

--

updated by @femalepheromones: 01/03/18 05:18:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

btw 1st experience with dreadsuk guy (never heard of him prior) he posts a yt video challenging me to a debate (he was pushing crochet as the best method) he told me lazy dreads was in on the debate too (he flat out refused not wantijng anything to do with dreadsuk) at the same time i said hell yes i would debate him  and at the same time hes telling lazy dreads that i was backing out trying to get him in on it.

i was sick at the time so scheduling the debate didn't happen right away and he started posting attacks against me for backing out  of it.. while im trying to get him toi set a date (after i recovered) 

this craziness went on for months when the lazy dreads guy (who is a really decent guy) contacted me telling me all sorts of lies dreadsuk was telling him about me, and he showed me his blog about hos dreadsuk tried to force him into giving up his site (so no competition, or alternative viewpoints) 

it was a year later at least, after i blocked him from spamming he went on an all ouit attack, both me and lazy had to file legal reports of harassment 

the attack against me i was told would cost 50 grand to clean up

the guys practicly evil in his greed

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

weird that wasn't like that but the photo module just updated today i'll file a bug treport

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

mystery of the mysteriously rotating images maybe solved.

the developers response

"Sounds like the embedded EXIF orientation information is incorrect, which to be 100% honest is not surprising if the images were taken with a cheap phone/camera. "

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

He does sound like an arsehole.

I couldn't get on with the shampoo bar. Too much of a faff for me.

I'll keep an eye out for another liquid shampoo.

What do you think of my dreads at the moment? Will they be fine if I just leave the to their own devices?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yea.. though heres what to expect recover wise

1 stiffness takes a long time to recover from can be 3 years but intentional  conditioning (lightly) to loosen them will help speed that

2 during recovery they can be extremely fuzzy, all the broken hairs popping out everywhere  that will settle down long before any stiffness is gone

3 they will dread (actually dread) behind schedule cause of the tightness.. it might take months even 6 months to see the 1st5 loopiness that others see at 1-3 months in

when you see loops they will start dreading normally and you can back off on the loosening and let them be with just wasyhing and separating

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I have got about 2 inches of new growth at the roots that hasn't been crocheted which must have grown out since the last crochet 3 months ago.

So you think that might take another 3 months to start locking?

There is so much contradicting information on the internet it's hard to know what to believe.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

Caucasian hair requires about 6 inches to dread

the roots normally loosen to 2 inches, during the 1st many months then tighten to 1/2 inch and stop

a y tighter and you cause balding

the roots will loosen, and will take a good while to tighten.. the loose hairs between dreads will dread when long enough

trying to control it by force only delays the inevitable, dreads take time and patience , and theres no need to worry about how much time

--
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form