dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about drying

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

Daniel2:

I usually air dry mine. I do squeeze them to get all that water soaked up. Sometimes when I'm going out I do use a towel to squeeze them. What's this micro towel I hear about though? Is it like the one's you see at walmart or something, or a specific one? 

Microfibre towels are normally for travelling or hiking with a backpack. They are super small when packed and dry super fast when wet. I bought mine in an outdoor shop for hiking and rockclimbing. Maybe you can get them at walmart, i don't know... The pros for using a micro fibre towell is that you don't get lint into your dreads while drying them. It works really good!

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
6 years ago
80 posts

You can also find the microfiber towels in the auto section at Target or Walmart and of course at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They're really useful.

updated by @p3rmaamp: 01/21/18 04:07:58PM
Jony666
@jony666
6 years ago
25 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

during warmer months i toss mine out the car window on a drive and that works wonders (and gets a few stares haha.. oh and  gives anyone in the back seat with the windows open a proper flogging haha)

Great idea! If my dreads get as long as yours I will make sure to try this one day.

I just shake my head back and forth a couple times like people at metal concerts do and then air dry.

Although this is not the best thing in the world to do if you have back or neck pain!!!

But in my personal experience sun drying at the beach is better it also leaves the dreads looking really nice.

I also sometimes skip the metal band trick and just wrap a towel for 10-20 minutes, then air dry.

The crazy thing is that my last set of dreads that I had for 3 years, I didn't let them get wet and didn't rinse my hair EVER, like not even once the whole 3 years.

Now I rinse daily, I think healthy dreads and washed dreads and a healthy scalp is the way to go...

Take it EZ

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

shamwows are also microfiber but thick  and absorb alot

microfibers aren't always those  cloths that  fold up into a coin and you can fit 15 in your pocket then they swell up with a single drop of water (awesome for camping) but also any toweles with microfibers that are very fine fibers so will not give off lint. 

a lot of the car buffers are microfiber

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form