Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dollylocks shampoo bar

sashafloyd
@sashafloyd
7 years ago
7 posts
Anybody used the Dollylocks shampoo bar in a hard water area and got good results? Ordered one a while ago and the liquid doesn’t work for me not sure if I should return it or not.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i never have 

ive always used dreadlockshampoo.com with great results  theres only been a few on here who used dollylocks (out of nearly 20,000 i think less then 20) and heard mixed reviews but can't say how many had hard water

hopefully someone whos used them regularly will respond

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

Dr. Bronner bars work in hard water conditions, too. The liquid does'nt ,but the bars. Might be simular with dolly locks? If you wanna be 100% sure, order from dreadlockshampoo.

sashafloyd
@sashafloyd
7 years ago
7 posts
Ya I actually found out that I wasn’t wetting my hair that much I took a bath and washed my hair that way and it’s been working fine ever since. I ordered some Nag Champa which I’m super excited to use but I’m going to go through the bar first before I use my other stuff.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i always soak my hair then wet a section (and the bar itself) before doing that section (i do 1/4 of my head at a time) then rinse that section rewet the next and bar repeat till all 4 1/4's are done then rinse rinse rinse 

and rinse some more

--
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
6 years ago
36 posts

Ok I have to confirm that dollylocks liquid shampoo does not for me at all (very hard water). I've ordered it because I'm from Europe and shipping costs for dreadlockshampoo.com are skyhigh, way higher than the price of a product itself, which is a bargain compared to combined shipping + customs clearance costs. But I guess I have no real alternative, so I've recently ordered another shipment of your shampoo again. It is the only shampoo so far that left me zero to minimal residue, everything else just doesn't work.
I have to say though that dollylocks actually made dreading faster for me, way faster. But at what cost? I even got a feeling that dreading might be a bit artificial with dollylocks, I don't know exactly how but it is indeed very fast after washing. But it leaves residue in hard water, I just hope this won't come back to bite me, but I've used an entire packaging of dollylocks and each time I wash my hair, I have to rinse like crazy, and it still leaves residue. I get some strange white spots in my hair, and my hair doesn't even feel all that clean and light after washing. In contrary, it feels a bit heavy. I still would say that dollylocks is horrible and the worst thing you could be using, I guess dreads.uk is way worse. At least dollylocks claims to be organic and telling from ingredients it's way better than dreads.uk, which is toxic crap for example. I guess dollylocks was just the best option that I could get shipped from Europe, but even that doesn't work sadly.
No matter what some of you claim, even having natural dreads can be an expensive sport, especially if not from USA, the costs of the right shampoo + water bill will go way up. I guess the only compensation is no money lost on barbers and hair salons.
Sadly I have to confirm that nothing except the dreadlockssite shampoo has been even remotely working for me thus far. And even that shampoo doesn't help me with my big dandruff problem that I've had as long as I can remember (even before dreads). It's just gotten worse now, especially since using dollylocks. At least my shipment of the best shampoo is on the way now, it will take forever to arrive though.

updated by @alienemotion: 01/16/18 06:14:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

are you ordering bar or liquid are you washing with hot or cold water

--
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
6 years ago
36 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

Well I'm ordering liquid because a lot of my hair is still undreaded, as for water temperature I'm usually washing with something in between, lukewarm water I'd say. 

JT
@j-welsh
6 years ago
42 posts

Dollylocks bars have salt in them. Good for locking up faster, not so fun on scalp. I do think Dollylocks shampoos are good, but I personally have had better results with dreadlockshampoo.com. Dollylocks and dreadlockshampoo are opposite as far as where the salt is. DL is in the bar while DS.com is in the liquid. I didn't like the way my hair smelled 2-3 days after washing with Dollylocks. Now with DS.com, after some time, I wash once a week (every Sunday). This has been very convenient and my scalp has been better and I had some serious scalp issues for a while. It is so hard to figure out what works best for you, just really have to be patient. Patience is the key to healthy dreads. Good luck my friend.

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

AlienEmotion:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

Well I'm ordering liquid because a lot of my hair is still undreaded, as for water temperature I'm usually washing with something in between, lukewarm water I'd say. 

I used to wash my hair with bars since month 4 of my journey and never hat a problem with that. Maybe the dreading would have been a little faster with liquid shampoo, but i did'nt care about time. No sections have been falling apart because of using bars, so i went on and i am still happy with it after almost 2 years. I think most important is to find something residue free no matter if bar or liquid shampoo.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form