@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

That looks worlds better than it was! I bet you feel better about them too

btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Thank you! Yes, I feel loads better about it lol. I just stopped touching it really, and at the end of washing it I pushed the hair against the parting on both sides. I'm really enjoying watching my hair do its own thing.
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

That's awesome. I had to start paying attention to part on the top of my head, my hair parted down the middle and stayed that way, to the point they were droopy on top, now I flip my hair and change the part up often, they're filling out and getting more life to them! yay :) 

It's been an awesome experience personally, something I always wanted but kept my hair combed for societal standards, so great to let it go! I love not brushing my hair and seeing how well it cares for itself

btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I can relate to that. When I was a teenager I used to comb my hair wet all the time, I guess hoping that it would eventually stay tame and straight. Never worked lol. Which is why I originally wanted to dread but up until finding this site and researching through it I never knew how. So far the natural experience has been amazing though. It's nice and freeing to let go of the things that need not be worried about lol.
updated by @btw990: 11/10/17 06:54:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

and that's dreading wicked fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

btw990: I can relate to that. When I was a teenager I used to comb my hair wet all the time, I guess hoping that it would eventually stay tame and straight. Never worked lol. Which is why I originally wanted to dread but up until finding this site and researching through it I never knew how. So far the natural experience has been amazing though. It's nice and freeing to let go of the things that need not be worried about lol.

with your hair, even if kept very short, that must have been an impossible task

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

btw990: I can relate to that. When I was a teenager I used to comb my hair wet all the time, I guess hoping that it would eventually stay tame and straight. Never worked lol. Which is why I originally wanted to dread but up until finding this site and researching through it I never knew how. So far the natural experience has been amazing though. It's nice and freeing to let go of the things that need not be worried about lol.

Exactly! "for a girl who never brushes her hair" little did they know I brushed it daily if not twice a day, this is a good fit for me! Very freeing- I've never been happier with my hair and the ease of keeping it!

btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
@soaring-eagle yeah, my head is like a big ball of mesh now haha. Except now it's much more sectioned, aside from the very front 😃 The bottom in back sections keeps trying to join so I feel like they'll be some of my bigger dreads, I guess cause of how I sleep but they're coming along nicely. And combing used to be such a pain, I always went little by little starting near the ends to prevent ripping hair out lol.

@peaceful-passer I agree with you there, I've always thought my hair was made to be dreaded, like I was born to have dreadlocks lol. I'm so excited to actually be doing it properly now, and equally as much, if not more, for the experience as I am for the look. It's funny because it's the only way my hair will actually look "neat, yet there'd be occasional dirty looks given to me. But the same with my hair messy as it is right now. So I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't lol. Too bad for them, I gave up on caring about what people think a long time ago 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

@btw990 yea its amazing how quickly its forming that big 1 looks months in in what a week or  2 or less (i pay no attention to time at all) maybe its been months but seems like barley a week

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Haha seriously. Only two weeks but it does feel like at least a month. The big one is almost fully formed, it's shrunk down about halfway and the rest of the length is dreading up nicely. So far it's my dreadliest one lol. Then there's these ones in pic, they're the ones I showed in my one week update. The one middle one is my favorite overall, it makes me think of like seahorse tails tangling together. I have a few in back like that too but I can't quite see them lol.
20171111_180826.jpg
20171111_180826.jpg  •  2.4MB

updated by @btw990: 11/11/17 07:15:55PM

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form