29,640 posts

neither 1 knew what they were doing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Yeah lol. I think I will be much happier combing it all out and redoing it, Ive been thinking about it for a while but I'm both nervous about the amount of hair I may lose and will be sad to have my current dreads go in general. But I think already having the mentality of being a dreadhead will probably help me on the do-over. As far as combs go, I have two metal ones. One is a fine-tooth flea comb with little space between the teeth, and the other has long and short teeth that aren't so fine. I've never come across like a regular comb that is just metal. I guess the flea comb might be better to comb out? I think when I undid my ends it may have even been a plastic comb. I just want to have minimal hair loss.
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Oh, and will any cheap conditioner do? Or is there one better than another?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea cheap is fine and a plastic combes less likely to shred your hair up. you can find detangling brusdhes/combes that are best  

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Great, I'm going to pick one up then tomorrow and get started. Now being that my hair is fairly short (just barely shoulder-length) what kind of washing routine do you think I should get on? I've been going every 3 or so days before washing with Vicki's bars, but I know that's out of the question for a while, which is unfortunate cause I have enough for like a year lol. I have some of her locking spray and a couple jars of gel, but since it's not completely long I'm not sure what kind of effect washing will have.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

get a bottle or 2 of the liquid and the same schedules fine

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Awesome. Probably won't get started till tomorrow night but when they're all out and re sectioned I'll put up before and after pics all around, as well as some of my current dreads for comparison. Thank you so much again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

consider letting it section itself although it might try to stay  in the huge sections its in now

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I'll see how it comes out after undoing and then a good washing. If I do let it section naturally, what should i do when washing in order to make sure nothing comes undone? Just work the scalp and let it run through?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form