Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how skinny is to skinny?

Trinity Olson
@trinity-olson
7 years ago
1 posts

Hi guys! I wanna start off by saying you guys are seriously awesome and im so glad to be apart of such a dope community! Ok so now the question. I started my dreads on the 17th of july. I have pretty long/thick hair but only have 40 dreads but they arent even that thick? is that normal? also,  The bottom layer of my hair, the dreads are perfect size and are already starting to get tighter. However, ive had to redo the top layer about twice now and at the root, they are a little bit skinnier than a pencil. But as it gets to the end, it is VERY skinny, probably a little bigger than the led in the pencil but not by much. Im worried my hair wont dread. Should i add hair or see what happens? also when should i use shampoo? will they dread faster if i wait a month or will the oils in my hair make it looser? Thank you!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

the more often you wash the faster they dread in general, so dont wait any longer then a week..but use a shampoo for dreads (not the mango lime crap)

dreads thicken as they mature  so the thickness is just fine..leave em be

mine are natural but had 1 dread 1 mm by 2 mm and that ws 3 even thinner dreads combined yet dreaded fine and grew to over 4 feet long

even just 10-20 hairs could form a m,icro dread

if they are too thin they can combine when mature but till then trying to make them thicker might backfire and result in huge dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form