Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

10 month progression?

benjammin
@benjammin
7 years ago
18 posts
What's up everybody. I'm Ben. Just wanted to get some input. Seems like I'm progressing really slowly compared to everybody. I did start the cold water rinses a few months ago like you said SE. I use saltwater once to twice a week and Vickis shampoo. Been doing the same thing as far as maintenance since last July.
IMG_0265.JPG.jpg
IMG_0265.JPG.jpg  •  2MB

IMG_0266.JPG.jpg
IMG_0266.JPG.jpg  •  1.9MB

IMG_0267.JPG.jpg
IMG_0267.JPG.jpg  •  2.5MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

does seem slow for 10 months and you seem to be doing things right. some people just progress slow..you dont wear hats or anything right?

what i would try is some beads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
benjammin
@benjammin
7 years ago
18 posts
No hats anymore. I did have to wear hats for a couple of months when I first started dreading them for work. Just a bandanna every once and a while now and hardly ever wear it back either. I do have a few beads around. I've just never put them in because there wasn't anything that resembled a dread to put them on and I didn't want to tear anything apart that might be trying to stick together. Same reason I haven't really separated anything yet. I did get some locking gel from Vicki when I first started that I've hardly ever used. Do you think that could help or just roll with some beads?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

that's what the gel was made for people just like you

beads definitely would help too

--
benjammin
@benjammin
7 years ago
18 posts
Ok I'll give it a shot. Thanks for all your advice man. Happy flying
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

wont get to fly for another week or 2 (tiny chip in the gel coat on the spoiler) so been really challenging myself with condor competition soaring simulator and silent wings (a lot more realistic but lil more limited) 

so your "happy flying"  came when i was redline racing through the andes in chile 

can't wait to do that for real

and hey we are going to do a gofundme to try to upgrade or 36 year old ships to these

csm_DuoDiscusXL1_79a8ae04f4.png

this would be such a upgrade from what we use now 

but yea when we got the gofundme done (day or 2 probly) 

wanna share it..spread it around

--
benjammin
@benjammin
7 years ago
18 posts
Ok will do man. I'm starting a new job on the 25th hopefully so I have to pinch pennies right now but I can definitely try to share it around. That is so awesome you're learning to do that. How long before you can glide solo?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i soloed years ago  decades ago but haven't been soaring again after 2 solo flights until last fall

if i got 1-2 flights in  whenever weather permits  hopefully by fall

probably wont have my rating till next year

--
benjammin
@benjammin
7 years ago
18 posts
That's not too far away man. It'll be here before you know it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

was hoping this weekend i could fly but got the philly and nyc rainbow picnics this weekend

--
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form