Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! I'm Anthony! Give me tips!

TonyTheGrizzly
@tonythegrizzly
7 years ago
5 posts
I'm starting my dreadlock journey with the neglect/free form method and any tips on dreading hair of my hair type in this way would be greatly appreciated! Look forward to the progress updates! :) (currently on day 4)
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  1.8MB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  771KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  790KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  1.6MB

updated by @tonythegrizzly: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome.. your off to a good start but don't wash with baking soda..instead wash with the dreadlockshampoo.com liquid (best option but theres others) baking soda slowly severely weakens hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TonyTheGrizzly
@tonythegrizzly
7 years ago
5 posts
@soaring-eagle I actually have some dollylocks liquid shampoo that I just haven't been using yet. Is that a good alternative as well or should I still get the dreadlockshampoo liquid? Thanks! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldn't say it is nearly as good but it certainly is way better then the baking soda

the lockin up liquid will make it dread faster but the dollylocks ..although i have never personally tried it to vouch for it  should be  good enough..use it up then switch and let us know  the differences you experience

--
JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

I have used Dollylocks before for quite a long time on mature dreads. Although it is good shampoo, the liquid is better for mature dreads. The Dollylocks bars are for new dreads. Which is the opposite for deadlockshampoo.com, bar for mature liquid for new. I am using dreadlockshampoo.com now and it is what I used in my beginning stages. Good luck.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

how would you compare the 2?

--
JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

I have  always had a sensitive scalp and can't go but so long without washing (3 days usually, a week if I suffer through the itching). Since I have started my dreadlocks I have used so many different shampoos trying to find the right combination for my scalp. I used dreadlockshampoo in the beginning stages for a  long time. I just  always wanted to be able to go one week without washing so that I could just wash them on the weekend and not have to get up early before work to wash and dry them. I switched to dollylocks and have been using it for a long time now and now just in the last 3 weeks or so switched back to dreadlockshampoo. I do like the dollylocks liquid it seemed to work good for me. I did not like the bar soap though. It seemed like too much of something on my scalp and in my hair. The favorite one I found was the liquid peppermint shampoo. I did not like their tightening sprays or gels, I tried them just to see how they were. Dreadlockshampoo I like both liquid and bar. I like the goddess liquid and it will make your hair tighten up faster. I got the cedar, sweetgrass and sage bar for the first time and so far I really like it. Dreadlockshampoo lathers up a lot better then dollylocks. I have tried dreadlockshampoo tightening gel and spray as well. I didn't like the gel and the spray was too much for my scalp but I loved the smell of it. Now I am using the dreadlockshampoo bar mostly but will switch with the liquid occasionally for a tightening of loose hairs. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

the sprays and gels are only needed for real hard to dread hair anyway

nothing beats the dreadlockshampoo bars for my sensitive scalp

--
JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

Agree. About to go wash with he cedar bar now! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

that's the 1 i use when i'm flying since its a tiny cockpit  that 1 and the Tonka bean 1 have the lightest scents

when i used nag champa my instructor in the back seat said the scent was too strong for such a tiny space so i use sage sweetgrass ceder (which i just call saced smudge since they are all used in purification  in smudges in sweat lodges etc) or the ..what is it mixed with Tonka bean i forget but both are much lighter scents

DSCN3418 1.JPG you can see how tight the cockpit is  the canopy when closed is like 4-6 inches from your head

so i have to be considerate and wash with lighter scented shampoos cause even several days after washing  that yummy scent sticks with you

just can be a lil too much in a tiny space like this

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form