Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Non-residue Shampoo

IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
oh ok sorrygood thing i dont bathe in streams very often!
updated by @illumiknotty: 07/24/15 02:01:14PM
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
Hey girlie.. for the baking soda mix, you don't have to "soak" your dreads in it.. all you've got to do is mix the stuff up in a pitcher of warm water and dump it over your head. Leave it sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse it out.. I'll normally dump the mix on my head and locks and then shave my legs or whatever and by the time I'm done, it's time to rinse it out... 2-3 times a week, this is what I do in the shower...Wash- I use 1 cup of baking soda10 drops of Tea Tree Oil20 drops of Lavender Oil20 drops of Rosemary Oil1/2 gallon hot water, mix this all up in a pitcher and pour it over my scalp and locks in the shower. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and then rinse it out really well.Rinse- I use 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil20 drops of Lavender Oil20 drops of Rosemary Oil2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar1 tbsp Cocoa Butter Oil1/2 gallon hot water, mix this all up in a pitcher and pour it over my scalp and locks in the shower. Leave it on for 3-5 minutes and rinse it out REALLY well with warm water. I usually rub my scalp and locks with my palms while I'm rinsing with the clear warm water, just to make sure it's all rinsed clean. The oils do wonderful things for your locks and your scalp (and everyone says that my house and my hair smell amazing!), but if you don't rinse well enough, you'll look like a grease ball when your hair dries.In the beginning you can skip the cocoa butter oil because it acts as a conditioner and can undo babies, but all of the other stuff is safe to use from day one. Give it a try. It's like magic.
Chelsea Heller
@chelsea-heller
14 years ago
1 posts
never EVER use herbal essence. they have residual fragrances and that can create mildew and nasty smells in your hair over time. plus that brand increases scalp flaking....shit u dont want. :( Traelion said:
I just bought some Erbal essences So i'll be using that and see how that works lol

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form