Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Head Lice! I need help!!

MizzMandi
@mizzmandi
7 years ago
2 posts

I have kids in school so of course we got lice. The kids and the husband seem fine now, but I've been battling it for a couple weeks now. I used the lice shampoo on my scalp every 3 days, 4 times in a row (last time being Sunday the 23rd). I thought they were gone, my scalp has been real itchy the last couple days, I thought the shampoo had dried out my scalp, so this morning I soaked my scalp in baby oil (left it in for an hour) and when I was washing it out I found a couple lice....again :'( I don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to have to comb out my locks to get rid of them and have to start again. Does anyone who's been through this have any other advice??  

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

nit nanny from licelifters.com is the best option what lice shampoo is that are you in europe the only semi safe 1 i know of is only avaioable there..i sent like 50 bucks on a bottle that was never even delivered

also stuff like  mayonnaise  thick oils and people mix up concoctions the consistency of pancake batter that clogs their breathing holes so they suffocate (you do need to repeat treatments to break the gestation cycle and be sure every last female in the house is killed..they are pregnant forever after mating just once at 5 days old..

dying the hair supposedly kills both bugs and eggs

heat//if your dreads are not too thick you can use a hairdryer  real close to  your scalp  on high heat  and holding it still till you  can barely stand the burning and repeat all over your head often (lcelifters uses heat 1st then nit nanny  but with dreads they just do straight to nit nanny)

its not real cheap to get rid of lice and warning that stuffs slippery as hell! its all natural safe to even drink and smells fairly nice  but the whole time i had it on in the shower  i was sliping and sliding and holding on to ..well nothing i could hold on to everything was too slippery (i did use a full bottle each treatment though) you might want to sit  on the shower floor  to use it so you don't end up there  by falling.. there is a mouse vs oil based 1 that might be better for dreads ..i just went with what they recommended. if i ever had to go through that hell again (i considered setting my head on fire to kill those nasty crittees and i normally would never hurt any living creature) i would probably give the mouse a try

for good measure i did use a clarifying shampoo after done the full treatments and verified bug free.. nit nany is not residue free 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

future prevention - teatree peppermint lemongrass  etc they hate  these herbs and will stay away but won't help once infected

oh other treatments whats that powder called diatomaceous earth

that penetrates the exoskeleton like shards of glass .. (it also acts like those scammy locking powders making your hair feel so knotty and knaely  but returns to normal when washed out)

neem seed oil- a super food cure all  that kills all known parasites (even cures leprosy) its got a pretty nasty smell  to it though

i think that's all i can think of right now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form