Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help! My beautiful dread babies went from vienna sausages to pencils!

d'andra.taylor
@dandrataylor
7 years ago
2 posts

Hello. I have had my locs for about 3 years and have noticed a drastic difference my hair’s thickness. They are pretty much half the size that they initially were. Seeing as how my initial goal was the have thick locs, this is very disappointing. I cannot get to the cause of this although I have a few theories:

* I went too long without retwisting. I used to get them done every 3-4 weeks, but decided to freeform so I went about 3-4 months. I used to have large parts/sections, as this equals more hair going into the dread, but I have noticed that the sections are REALLY small now. Idk if this was done by the loctitian out of confusion due to so much new growth, or if it is normal for the sections of my hair to get smaller as my locs mature

* I wear my hair up too much. I don’t like the feeling of hair on my neck so until about 6 months ago, my hair was ALWAYS up

* I do not cover my hair at night

* I pulled hair out of my dreads. When I was attempting to freeform, I found myself playing in my hair A LOT. I pulled hair of my already formed dreads and also experienced some hair loss at the roots.

Is there any way to fix this problem without combining locs? I really like the number of locs that I currenly have. I just want my hair to go back to the way it was before I was neglectful.

I added some pics in hopes that you can see the difference in thickness over time.

I also have a journey album on fb if you'd like to check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/dandra.taylor/media_set?set=a.10101230697559365.1073741829.34404828&type=3

Thanks!

1.jpg
1.jpg  •  48KB

3.jpg
3.jpg  •  47KB

4.jpg
4.jpg  •  75KB

5.jpg
5.jpg  •  110KB

6.jpg
6.jpg  •  68KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

-twisting and locticians (especially if they ever interlocked them) are the cause of the thinning  freeforming (without pulling hairs out of them) is the cure

they are already thick so wouldn't combine them

but if you watch the progression of  salon "locs" (they can't even spell locks right) you will see they make the sections on average 4-5 times bigger then the intended dread  then all the twisting thins  not only the dread to 1/3 the section size on average  but then the sections themselves thin as the gaps they call parts (which are not parts but traction alopecia whether mild  or severe) parts have 10 follicles per mm  the traction alopecia  salons cause on purpose tends to have 4-5 mm without a single live  hair follicle so these gaps widen  as the sectons shrink.. the thinning between dreads may not be bad if you let them recover for 6 months  but the sections were still thinned and will have to row more  in order for the loose hairs to reinforce the dreads (or form baby dreads between) 

you re on the right track by no longer twisting or letting locticians touch you ..but you have to stop pulling out hairs and give them several more months to recover

every 3-4 weeks is extreme! it takes 3 months to recover from 1 retwisting and if ou retwist again a that 3 months  they don't fully recover  enough that  eventually they will have issues

every3 weeks for 2 1/2 years is enough to  cause plenty of harm but should be easy enough to recover from withoit doing anything extra esides stopping the twisting

sorry keyboards actng up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 04/20/17 12:50:46PM
d'andra.taylor
@dandrataylor
7 years ago
2 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

-twisting and locticians (especially if they ever interlocked them) are the cause of the thinning  freeforming (without pulling hairs out of them) is the cure

they are already thick so wouldn't combine them

but if you watch the progression of  salon "locs" (they can't even spell locks right) you will see they make the sections on average 4-5 times bigger then the intended dread  then all the twisting thins  not only the dread to 1/3 the section size on average  but then the sections themselves thin as the gaps they call parts (which are not parts but traction alopecia whether mild  or severe) parts have 10 follicles per mm  the traction alopecia  salons cause on purpose tends to have 4-5 mm without a single live  hair follicle so these gaps widen  as the sectons shrink.. the thinning between dreads may not be bad if you let them recover for 6 months  but the sections were still thinned and will have to row more  in order for the loose hairs to reinforce the dreads (or form baby dreads between) 

you re on the right track by no longer twisting or letting locticians touch you ..but you have to stop pulling out hairs and give them several more months to recover

every 3-4 weeks is extreme! it takes 3 months to recover from 1 retwisting and if ou retwist again a that 3 months  they don't fully recover  enough that  eventually they will have issues

every3 weeks for 2 1/2 years is enough to  cause plenty of harm but should be easy enough to recover from withoit doing anything extra esides stopping the twisting

sorry keyboards actng up

thank you so much! you have been a tremendous help to me. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

:) just glad you joined when you did 

--
kylerod7
@kylerod7
7 years ago
6 posts

@soaring-eagle , you're a fuckin retard. Been reading some posts on this site for a while now and i feel like kickin your fuckin head in. It seems to you that the only way of growing 'successful' dreads is to not touch off them... I would argue that more people now get their dreads maintained instead of leaving their hair to fall into fat greasy dildo's that stink and make you look like a hobo. Even if maintaining my dreads caused them to break/mess up after 3-5 years i would rather them maintained for those 3-5 years than have shit dreads for life. You say that you care about the health of peoples dreadlocks but i think you're actually just a stubborn autistic. Freeform dreads are not the only way of growing them. Interlocking may be debatable however i use the crochet method and have no problems with my dreads. If you think about the number of people who have dreadlocks that aren't freeform, and the number of them that have problems it is not a 100% correlation. If you have a retard doing your dreads then maybe you will develop problems but this is one of this shittest and most unhelpful forums i have ever read as the only advice you can give is 'dont touch them for 8 years n youll have fat hobo dreads'. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

a violent hate filled dread?  are you sure you want to be a dread? you act more like a skinhead

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

why do you want dreads if you hate dreads and look down on them so much? yea you'll have fake looking dreads for a few years and  look back on when you once were cool for awhile ..but you'll never be a dread you'll just wear dreads like a costume for awhile

guess what your dreads are not hiding the true ugliness inside.. that you just threw out there for all to plainly see

--
kylerod7
@kylerod7
7 years ago
6 posts

youre asking if i want to be a dread... no thanks..? i have dreads because its a hairstyle. i like the look of my thin well maintained dreads and have had no problems with them. I dont want 8 foot dreadlocks that are thick and heavy as fuck, dirty, messy and that are not evenly sized. If you think the only reason and way people should have dreads is if 'they are a dread' youre a fuckin retard n well too obsessed. Yes you should care about dreads but you can compare them to money. If i earnt £2 million from filing a law suit and winning a case and you work all your life in a normal job and earn £2million i still have the same amount of money as you, i can buy the same things as you and your money is not worth any more than mine. I have evenly sized, clean and easy dreads and ive done ACV rinses, crocheting, interlocking a few times etc. So if all these things are ''soooo bad'' for dreads and take years to recover from then how do i still have nice dreads that i get compliments on many times?? I am currently doing a science degree in college and will go on to do medicine, and believe it or not, it may not be fair, but in many places they dont want a doctor with fat messy dildos falling down to the floor. Open your mind a bit and stop being a stubborn little prick you fuckin freak.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

nobody would want a doctor that speaks the way you do who would want a doctor that refers to their hair as fat slinky dildos 

you will never be a doctor till you learn some basic fucking respect

so your proud to be a wannabe? a poser? have you ever heard of cultural appropriation? you are imitating a culture and at the same time  calling the culture you imitate gross and disgusting

shave your fucking head you don't deserve those fake  dreads anyway

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i would rather have a doctor who was nice, had real dreads and  wasn't the type to join a site just to be a complete asshole then 1 that had zero respect for  patents, treated them like they were beneath them just cause they didn't spend a lot of money on dreads.

if i was ever treated this way by any doctor you better believe i would  go on every review site and let the world know how they treated people (trust me i have done that in the past)

in fact you have just publically on the web shown who you are.. even before your 1st day on the job i could make certain that any potential patient is already aware of what a scumbag you are....

do youreally think anyone would ever want you as a dr?

--
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form