Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone

kala
@kala
7 years ago
3 posts

Hi, I'm kala... I had dreadlocks about 4 years ago but used a twist and rip method and wax (oh no) and decided to take them out; it wasn't quite time for me to make the full commitment plus the method was not right for me. Now my ends are quite damaged but I really don't want to cut it, hair to me is really important as a part of the self and I was tired of cutting all the past off/ forgetting my lessons so I decided to let it dread to make something new and beautiful out of the old and damaged! I'll be doing the freeform/ neglect method this time, I actually started about a week and a half ago only to brush them out when I let people's comments get to me yet I immediately felt this huge sense of sadness and I'm glad that happened because I know what *I* really want now. I hope my journey can teach me to let go, to stop trying to fix everything when it's fine the way it is and to see the beauty in it just the way it is, to keep going despite the bumps (quite literally with dreads lol) that life throws at us and I also hope to learn to really embrace my body and face with this journey. I know it'll be worth it. Oh one last thing is patience and sticking to things. It seems this journey is aligning completely with everything I really want to work on in my life and is in fact not separate at all so it seems like it's come together right on time. I'm at day 2 now once again and hope to have them, well... I'd like to say for the rest of my life really, of course we can't plan such things but that is the dream for now. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community, it seems like a very welcoming place and it's true that sometimes you need a place like this when you have dreads for certain parts of society can be a bit harsh towards them. 

Lots of love- kala 

I've attached some photos to keep track of my progress, it's mostly a big mess right now and I'm digging it :P 

kala
@kala
7 years ago
3 posts

I forgot to mention that part of what I would like to improve on with this journey is to let go also of what other people think of me, it seems so logical but can be hard to follow sometimes so yeah... that's it for now. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

what a beautiful mess

hello Kala well that was al beautifully said. i'm not sure how old you are but i started youngish and definitely knew id have them the rest of my life (after cutting them once due to pressure)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kala
@kala
7 years ago
3 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

what a beautiful mess

hello Kala well that was al beautifully said. i'm not sure how old you are but i started youngish and definitely knew id have them the rest of my life (after cutting them once due to pressure)

Thank you! :D I had my first set at 16, I'm about to turn 20 at the end of the month now, glad to know that though it's definitely encouraging; your dreads are incredible! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

my 1st set was about 16..ish i dunno, then again early 20s on wait no, 19-20ish

then 20 something ..i don't pay attention to time much

it's a pleasure to meet you :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus