Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Liquid Soaps vs Bar Soap

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Which is better for mature dreads? And if so why?

Background: I ask this question because as I was looking around online aboutdr Bronner's bar soap, one of the other dreadlocks websites, that although it isn't anywhere as ethical as this one talked about dr Bronner's bar soap being better than the liquid for dreads due to it not having the same issues as the liquid as far as possible build up (although they were still against using that soap). 

I am highly considering switching from the dr Bronner's liquid to the bars after my liquid runs out, due to the possibility that it will not leave as much of a residue in my hair and also it will end up being a good deal cheaper and still last a long time, I just wanted to get all the information I can first. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

it wont last as long and i heard that too but might have been from you..cant verify

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I'm aware that the bars won't last nearly as long as the liquid, but if I were to use a soap saver bag could I at least get like maybe about 3 months if not longer out of a bar? 

I heard about the bars being ok in hard water as far as residue goes from another user on here I think it was Frankster who said it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea think your right and you should be ale i guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I was hoping so, I guess I'll know better after I get done with the bronner's liquid if I'll want to use it or the bar soap....I mean the one downside I feel I have with the liquid is that it seems hard for me to know how much of it I'm using, which is sort of why I wish there was a way to use the bronners at a thicker consistency, but I know that 1:12 is the proper dilution ratio. With a bar soap, I can kind of tell how much is roughly used b how soapy my hands are.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form