Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Balding from tension. How do I reverse this.

Nycholas316
@nycholas316
7 years ago
2 posts

Dreads for 5 years, very healthy in the back and sides, very unhealthy on top and on hairline. I'm balding from tension I believe. I'll post pictures, is it possible to reverse this? Please be as detailed in possible. If you think I have to cut my dreads than be honest and let me know.

IMG_7240.JPG.jpg
IMG_7240.JPG.jpg  •  105KB

IMG_7176.JPG.jpg
IMG_7176.JPG.jpg  •  139KB

updated by @nycholas316: 02/20/17 04:09:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yup that's from tension 1t tell me all you did then we can undo the harm (you'll recover fine)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

ok read your page

1 stop twisting and palm rolling (and styling if u do)

2 well.. that's probably all you need but in case you need more massage the scalp deeply as if your trying to loosen the scalp from the skull wash often and it cant hurt to take biotin (internally)

--
Nycholas316
@nycholas316
7 years ago
2 posts

How often should I be washing to try and reverse it than?

I usually massage my scalp with a plastic pick with castor oil recently, and it relieves itching cuz I'm trying to avoid scratching with my nails. 

What's the timeline for recovering from this cuz idk if it's getting better or worse. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

wash 1-3 times a week and you want to use fingertips to massage deeply not scratch, massage

if you wash whenever it starts to itch you won't have to scratch

its going to take months

timeline

it takes about 3 months to recover from each time you retwisted if you retwisted each time it recovered, or sooner, before it could recover it will only get worse..so your looking at about 3 months for the most recently affected areas to recover  and 6 or more for the  areas that have been suffering the longest to recover

its hard to give exacts but i have seen way worse then this  almost fully recover in a year so im guessing 6 or so months should be enough to  be back to healthy

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form