Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help!! Sand in scalp/dreads

elvenni
@elvenni
7 years ago
17 posts

So I have just spent a week at Lanzarote, I swam in the ocean daily and my scalp is full of sand :( It looks gross, like dandruff, and I can't seem to get it all out just by washing. Would an acv/baking soda soak do the trick? What would be the best way to get it out?

updated by @elvenni: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
acidburn
@acidburn
7 years ago
96 posts

Have u tried putting your head in either a bath or bucket and soak and scrub

elvenni
@elvenni
7 years ago
17 posts

acidburn:

Have u tried putting your head in either a bath or bucket and soak and scrub

Yup, and still every time I've scratched my head I find sand under my nails lol, thanks for the suggestion though!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

sand falls out  when dry  so let the hair be dry and shake it out  scratch it out whatever .. i never once had to do a thing to get sand out except  wait for them to dry   and let the sand fall out on its own

ofcourse sand can range from  super fine to coarse ..so i suppose some sands  might just take a lil more time due to  the grain sizes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
elvenni
@elvenni
7 years ago
17 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

sand falls out  when dry  so let the hair be dry and shake it out  scratch it out whatever .. i never once had to do a thing to get sand out except  wait for them to dry   and let the sand fall out on its own

ofcourse sand can range from  super fine to coarse ..so i suppose some sands  might just take a lil more time due to  the grain sizes

Thank you for the advice. I suppose I'll just have to wait it out.

Also, unrelated question but should I be moisturizing my dreads? They're over a year old now.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

if they need it..when they need it  not just cause of the age but if they feel like they need it do it, you don't have to on a schedule only on an as needed basis

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form