Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreadhead, Old Spirit

xStargate
@xstargate
8 years ago
5 posts

Hello to all! I recently decided that dreadlocking my hair would be beneficial to me in multiple ways...

a) I was given much shit in the military for having a buzzed head as a female. (Training was infinitely easier with no hair.)

b) I have extremely thin, baby fine hair which is limp and very sparse around my crown... I am told dreadlocks make your hair appear thicker. I have always wanted thick-looking hair.

c) I am inconvenienced by worrying about showering my fine, lifeless hair every day to give it an appearance of "fullness." I am tired of feeling inadequate over thin hair.

d) My desire to understand the spiritual connection between physical objects (like body hair) and self. Life is a spiritual journey, man.

After days of watching "how to" videos on youtube, I decided twist and rip method looks very nice on caucasian hair. I carefully made about 80-ish dreads on my head, the crown having several smaller dreads than the back of my head where it grows thicker. It took me two days to TnR my whole head. I stumbled across this website from LazyDreads' video comments, Soaring Eagle had interesting views on how to live the dreadlock lifestyle, and so here I am. I live in Alaska, so I wear a hat about nine months out of the year. Does anyone know if hats will retard the process of my loose roots becoming "locked?"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome yes hats will absolutely  slow or completely prevent dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

loose hats like tams are best