Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seperating

70b4r 7h3 1337m31573r
@tobar
8 years ago
17 posts

I see a lot of people with like 20 little "dreads" at the back, but i just have like 5 big ones (to be fair im a long shot away from all my hair forming dreads), but i would probably have a lot more i rly looked for different strands inside thos big ones, but i feel like i would have to tear like half my hair to do so, so i guees my question is if im doing something wrong if i find it hard seperating and just have 5 or so big "dreads" at the back? 

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

How often were you separating before it turned into 5 big dreads if maintained daily it shouldn't happened.

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Keep in mind too that different areas of your head may also require more separating. I separate the right side of my head twice a day but the left side I've only separated three times in six weeks. The back top of my head once every couple of days and the underside only once so far. Everyone is different. If you are unhappy with their size and have tried to tease them apart without sucess then you might have to brush them out. I'd have a friend try to untangle them into more manageable sizes before that if you can. It's hard to do the back of your head by yourself. 

70b4r 7h3 1337m31573r
@tobar
8 years ago
17 posts

i dont know exactly, but definetly not daily. if i just seperate them daily from now on will they slowly get untangled? and i dont rly have a problem with big dreads, just that i see litteraly everyone with a lot of small dreads at the back.

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

70b4r 7h3 1337m31573r:

i dont know exactly, but definetly not daily. if i just seperate them daily from now on will they slowly get untangled? and i dont rly have a problem with big dreads, just that i see litteraly everyone with a lot of small dreads at the back.

If you are just separating the six sections from each other and not into smaller sections then no they will not get smaller. They will stay the same. However if you like them then I see no reason worry about it. Just because others have smaller sections doesn't mean you have to. Everyone's hair does different things. 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form