Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Required Length For Beardlocks

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have had a question for a while now. I am still debating on the idea growing dreads in my beard...still really on the fence, but this leads me to wonder how long my beard needs to be to even start them if I decided to? 

updated by @ravens-light: 05/30/17 04:37:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you don't need to start them they will dread on their own at about 6 inches but i find that the beard is more easily  pulled apart pulling on shirts or whatever so a bead is extremely helpful

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I will keep that in mind, I mean I know my beard isn't at that length yet. I'm still unsure if I want them to start up or not. I may just grow my beard out to the length I had it before while I'm deciding if I want them or not...have any tips on how I could wash my beard effectively without having to run my fingers through it so as to dislodge possible progress? (I mean just cause I'm on the fence doesn't mean I'm going to definitely get in my hair's way yet.)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i just rub he bar all over my face  scrub it good  but only the skin  then rinse through .. well what id do early on because my chest and neck under my beard tends to feel dirtier then any other part of my body after shampooing up under my chin i take my beard dreads  rub them into that area under my chin to soap them up then use the beard dreads themselves to scrub my neck and chest

so they are the only dreads that get thoroughly lathered up the full length the rest just let the shampoo rinse through them (which doles the trick when i used the charcoal shampoo it even removed the lint from the very ends!)

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, so basically I would just need to wash my face and let whatever soap I'm using just run through my beard. I've been trying to wash my beard about twice a week so far. sometimes it's only once a week. I do use beard oil on it, I"ve actually found it really nice, I am going to continue using the oil off and on (I do so on an irregular basis, basically when I think it needs it or if I have some kind of event that I think the scent would work.) ... I am finding hard right now to resist the urge to comb my beard. When it was longer that was something I actually enjoyed doing....that's sort of one of the reasons I'm on the fence about letting it dread up....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i don't even know what beard oil is haha only time my beard gets oils is when i dump a gallon of water with some oils over my whole head

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Beard oil is basically usually a blended oil, with carrier oils such as coconut mixed with essential oils. I am still doubting I'll let my beard lock up....but I figure as it grows out I'll decide if I want to let it dread or not, as I really a wanting to brush my beard, LOL.

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

the fun thing about letting your beard start to lock up is seeing how it wants to be naturally, mine has a ringlet curl on one side and a spike on the other lol.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

My beard isn't yet 6 inches long so there isn't even really a chance for locks to for...and I'm still on the fence about allowing them to form there...mainly due to the fact that I often get enough flack for the dreads on the top of my head (and I'm in the process of job hunting)....so would it too harmful if at this length I comb my beard as I am waiting for the length to get there to be able to have locks form. I'm sure the answer is no, don't comb if you want knots to form even at this length, LOL.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i never even thought beards got combed when i grew mine . just never occurred to me to comb it, or that anyone ever combed theirs.

but read the post in the featured discussions about the employee rights concerning dreads

--
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form